Feed Item

Just because I used an edit of it to get my mind working again, after a couple of weeks of bogging down and not being at all productive.

Honestly, I don't even know how to describe the genre for this one, except that it really is a mortography. And I can only hope a true one.

Enjoy. Critique. Whatever…

The one possible question: would this work as the prologue to a memoir entitled "40 Year Holiday - Lessong from a life / in which nothing and nowhere / ever felt like home"?

Comments
  • Rick, only skim read two pages for now (the rest later). You clearly, clearly, have a unique voice. That's clinches it for me. Well done.

0 0 0 0 0 0
    • Crikey. That's a hell of a read. Most uncomfortable and very well done.

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Thank you, Bella

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Intoxicating, excruciating, compelling, I've read this through twice, it truly is a unique read. Very well done.

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • "Excruciating…" Not exactly what I had in mind when writing it, but most appropriate. Thanks, Kenin.

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • I love the style and tone here Rick. I found it to be very Kafka-esque. Great job.

0 0 0 0 0 0
          • High praise, indeed. (Had to go look up Kafka…) Thank you, David.

0 0 0 0 0 0
          • I wrote something like this when I was in my punk days and my father was basically in my friend group. It starts off like a dream, but at some point it has to take on a morbid focus. My two cents, is that it takes on a clinical edge, prepare to take it to the other extreme?

0 0 0 0 0 0
            Not logged in users can't 'Comments Post'.