Feed Item
Added a post  to  , Historical Fiction

This historical fiction competition, run by Sapere Books (who sponsor some of the Crime Writers' Association prizes), just popped into my inbox. Brief details & link below (and sadly my WIPs don't fit into any of the categories!!):

Sapere Books is looking for historical fiction writers to enter a competition with the chance to win a five-book publishing contract.

To enter, choose one of the briefs listed below and write up a full synopsis (no more than 2,000 words) and draft the first three chapters of the first book in the series (this should be 10,000-20,000 words in total). As the prize will be a contract for a five-book series (full length novels from 70,000-100,000 words), we would also welcome ideas and brief outlines for the next four books in the series.

The competition is free to enter and open to writers from all over the world.

Closing Date: December 31st, 2021

[NB Each brief has a series arc specified by Sapere]

BRIEF ONE: The Jane Austen Detective Series

BRIEF TWO: WWII Aviation Thrillers

BRIEF THREE: The Tudor Maid Diaries

BRIEF FOUR: Age of Sail Series

BRIEF FIVE: Borgias/Medici Crime Series

BRIEF SIX: Ancient Rome Historical Thrillers

Comments
    • I'd love to work with Sapere but alas, none of my wips match these briefs either.  Good luck to anyone who has a go!

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Thanks for posting this. I had a look through but nothing I am writing fits. Good to know about the publisher and their briefs in case someone does have something/or an idea that fits. 

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • Don't want to put a dampener on things, but does anyone know anything about Sapere Books? I had a look on their website and got the impression they might be a vanity publisher or something similar. Don't know for sure. 

0 0 0 0 0 0
          Not logged in users can't 'Comments Post'.
          Info