Feed Item
Added a forum 

Hi,

I joined Jericho Writers a few weeks back and have been really enjoying the videos. Now I have ventured further and found Coffee & Cake.

About me: I'm a published writer, short stories only. Personal responsibilities took me away from writing for some years, but now I am back. And with a vengeance! I am currently working on the first of a series of books that are romance based but also historical. Although I write romance fiction by reading tastes are very diverse.

Hope to find a friend or two on here.

Best

Gill

Comments
  • Hello Gill, your name sounds like a currency. I’m listening to Marry the Night by Lady Gaga at the moment, but isn’t that all life is anyway? I wonder about meaningful things, and greetings is definitely one of them. Hope you find here to your liking.

0 0 0 0 0 0
    • Currency? I hope it's a strong one. Thanks for the welcome.

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Hi Gillian

I love me a bit of historical romance.

Have you joined the historical fiction group?  They're very friendly!

K

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • Hi Katie,

Not yet, but have had a quick peek and will probably ask to join next week. :-)

0 0 0 0 0 0
          • I wish I could write romance, there is a big hole in my heart, that bleeds romance. It’s like there is a void, that fills in the gaps, and I find myself learning all those things that could have happened, but didn’t, because I’m not a girl. It’s like every female is a cheater, and every man a loser. Every moment becomes an excruciating tale of woe and loss. Though it is rare for these things to happen, in the male writing world.

0 0 0 0 0 0
            • You know some men do write romance, just as some women write in genres usually thought of as more masculine. I firmly believe that writing is not gender-specific. 

0 0 0 0 0 0
            • Hello, please to meet you. I am absolutely brand new here. I feel like a nervous kitten, slinking by wall right now. 

Ooh, I write fantasy. However, I am as of yet, an unpublished writer. 

0 0 0 0 0 0
              • Hello Samaulle,

Pleased to meet you. I do not think writing is gender specific. In this day and age, we shouldn't have gender specific or even race specific anything.

Let's be fair to everyone and open the gates of creativity and not bind it up with stereotyping.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                • I completely agree that anyone can write anything, but the challenge seems to be with reader expectations. Just as (for example) romance readers expect to see certain types of cover image and title, they often expect to see a certain type of name on the cover. From what I understand it's pretty common for female romance writers to use a more "romantic" pen name, and that goes double for men.
                  Sadly, if you don't meet these genre expectations, it seems likely that your book will languish unread, and who wants that?

0 0 0 0 0 0
                  • True. When I wrote fiction for women's magazines I had three different pen names. One homely, cosy sounding name for the feel-good stories, a more sophisticated name for the more racy stuff and a man's name for those stories with a male POV.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                  • It's great to have you here, Gillian! 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                    • I don't think this is for me. Facts/ History/ Biography. Personal courage and bravery/ survival. Mostly in crisis/war/terror situations are my interests. AND how to market one's work.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                      • Nice to "meet" you Gill. I am writing from Vermont in the United States where I'm just recovering from the flu (yuck). It makes me wonder about the Corona virus. No cases out here in the country yet. How about where you are?

So far, I have written four women's fiction novels.  

0 0 0 0 0 0
                        • Hi Mary Kathleen, thanks for your greeting. Hope you are fully well soon. I believe if you are young and fit with no underlying health problems Coronavirus can be relatively mild and not lethal. The bug seems to prefer elderly men and people with underlying health problems. It is still on the increase here and crazy things are happening like people panic buying loo rolls and bacterial wipes. Some on the ball and fast writer should get busy with an apocalypse novel. We've had all the ingredients in 2020. Fire and flood in Australia. Locust plagues in Africa. Floods in the UK and Coronavirus worldwide. Add in the meltdown on the stock markets and it's all there. Any volunteers here do you think?

0 0 0 0 0 0
                        • Welcome to Jericho.... only been here a short time myself.  The locals seem friendly enough.  Pull up a chair and watch the unfolding apocalypse with us.  

0 0 0 0 0 0
                          • HI Everyone. I'm another refugee from the virus chaos who's washed up on the (hopefully friendly) shores of Jericho Writers. I mostly write romance and cozy mysteries at the moment, but I have more novel ideas fighting for release in my head than I know what to do with. In theory, alone time is good for writing, but we all need a bit of social interaction at times, so I thought I'd sign in here!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                            • Welcome to my own personal hell, Frank. I also dabble in the romance genre, but truly only when there is ideas fighting to get out of my head, so we’re sort of similar there, but you’re welcome to any sort of process, when your a writer, besides being truly alone.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                            • Hi Gill, lovely to meet you, I'm looking forward to hearing more about your books, I am writing contemporary romantic mystery type books, so hopefully we can learn from each other.  

0 0 0 0 0 0
                              • Hey, great to meet up with another romance writer. 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                              Not logged in users can't 'Comments Post'.
                              Info