Feed Item
Added a post  to  , All about self-publishing

Hi everyone! I hope this year will be successful for all indie authors. Curious to hear your goals and plans for 2022. Mine are to publish one book (already written) and write another. Anyone else feeling ambitious?

Comments
    • Happy New Year, Karmen, my goals are much the same as yours with one book being edited and the next in the midst of being written.

I hope it will indeed be a good day for self publishers. On that note do you mind giving me a vote on Reedsy Discovery? For The Mystery of the Lost Husbands, Gina Cheyne. Which ever way you think appropriate. Many thanks.

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Thanks Carol, I think you have to go to where the book is and there should be somewhere to vote. I’m actually new to it myself. Thanks so much for the comment. Happy New Year.

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • Gladly! Voted up.  Good luck! I've put my last book up for Reedsy Discovery and got only one review, but it was a good one. I did notice a surge in orders after they've mentioned it in their newsletter though. Good luck!

@Carol - you can vote a book up by clicking upvote button right of the book cover

0 0 0 0 0 0
          • Found it. Thanks Karmen. Just had to learn what upvote meant. 

Looking forward to reading your work and being able to upvote it too. Happy New Year of writing.

0 0 0 0 0 0
          • Best wishes for achieving your goal, Karmen. I plan on publishing the next two in my trilogy early in the year. With any luck, I'll finish writing the fourth and get it publlished as well. It's good to have goals...and make them public.

0 0 0 0 0 0
            • Good luck Reidr! Hope your trilogy lands well.

0 0 0 0 0 0
            • Good luck with your goal Karmen. I have two books self-published and this year I am going to take it a bit more seriously. Was a bit too much hobby writer so far. I have another book in the proofreading stage and another being written so this year I am setting up a website and marketing, marketing marketing! 

0 0 0 0 0 0
              • Committing to serious writing is a good idea - all the best Caroline and good luck with your website & marketing. 

0 0 0 0 0 0
              • Hi Karmen, my goal is the same as yours. I'm planning to publish my first book in May and to hopefully finish writing the second this year (which I've only just begun...). Do you have a plan for publishing your first book? Hopefully we can swap advice as we go along. Wishing you lots of luck!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                • Hi Sarah - I have rough plans, mostly based on my experience with the last book - happy to swap with you and learn from the shared experience. What kind of book will you publish? Mine will be a thriller, a first longer venture into crime fiction - super excited

0 0 0 0 0 0
                  • My book is a middle grade mystery book. This is my first time self publishing, so it's all new to me. But I've been using the Jericho Writers video courses to help me plan everything I need to do. Keep us updated about your book - I love a crime thriller, so will keep an eye out for it.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                    • Oh intriguing! Jericho courses are great, I'd also strongly recommend David Gaughran's books, Joana Penn's podcast and Alliance of Independent authors's podcast & blog

0 0 0 0 0 0
                    Not logged in users can't 'Comments Post'.
                    Info