Feed Item

Good evening. My name is Janice and I live in the glorious Malvern Hills, having moved up to Worcestershire from Guildford over twenty years ago. My partner and I have two dogs and I work as a Sustainability & Compliance Manager for a national roofing company. I shall be part-time working towards retirement (aged 59 very shortly) from 1st April, allowing more time to devote to my writing.

Years ago, back in pre-computer days, I worked in the publishing industry (medical newspapers and educational books) and wrote terrible short stories. Life being what it is, I am now, thirty years plus later, actually in a place where I am happy with my writing and have some time to spend on it.

I write flash fiction, short stories, novellas, novels, articles/blogs which I publish on my website, www.tylers-tales.co.uk. This is another thing I plan to devote more time to. My genres are varied and I wouldn't exclude anything apart from anything too erotic or gory, although I do write horror and ghost stories. I write and edit the company newsletter. I have had a flash fiction piece published as a runner-up in Writers' Forum magazine and also another flash published by Writers Bureau in their latest anthology.

Having only recently joined Jericho on a trial basis (and I shall be continuing my membership when that finishes) I am currently looking at the videos on self-publishing as that is my aim, if (should say when) I finish something. Time is a bit manic at the moment with trying to manage the current worldwide situation at work, but I hope that once I am part-time I will be able to devote more time to Jericho Writers and all it has to offer.

I look forward to making some great writing friends at Jericho Writers.

Comments
  • Welcome to the community and to Jericho Writers membership! It's wonderful to have you! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me.

Best wishes,

Holly 

0 0 0 0 0 0
    Not logged in users can't 'Comments Post'.