Feed Item

Hello everyone! This will be my first visit to York (and my first writing festival). Coming from Geneva, Switzerland, but am originally from the US. I've got two manuscripts I'm querying/revising, one thriller set in Cambodia and a sci-fi book about refugees. Looking forward to meeting you all and making some new friends and contacts!

Comments
    • Hi benaduca. You must be keen to come all that way. This is my second visit to York. The first - a few years ago - felt a bit overwhelming to begin with. But everyone was friendly and helpful. It should feel a bit more familiar to me this time round. Like you I'm querying two different novels at my 1-1's. Have you booked yours yet? Looking forward to meeting you.

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • It's not so far, and there's not so many writing festivals like this around! I just booked my schedule and my 1-2-1s as I wanted to make sure I got agents who represent Sci-Fi as I'm currently focused on querying my Sci-Fi book which I think has more commercial potential in the current market than my thriller. Have you booked yours? There's lots of good choices!

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Hi Benaduca, this will be my first festival too, although I used to live in York which is a beautiful city. Good luck with your 1-2-1's!  See you there...

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • First time too!, Benaduca! Seems like there's a truck-full of us 🙂. Also looking forward to making new friends and contacts.  See you then!

0 0 0 0 0 0
          • Another newbie here too! I'm looking forward to it but feeling a bit daunted if I'm honest! 

0 0 0 0 0 0
            Not logged in users can't 'Comments Post'.
            Info