Feed Item
Added a post  to  , Summer Festival of Writing 2022

How utterly fab is Louise O'Neill. I'd love to know what you thought of our conversation and what you'll be taking from it moving forward in your writing!

Comments
    • What I shall take forward is that what I'm coming up with may well not compare to something finished and published, so just crack on. Maybe I will get an agent without it being perfect. Might sound unlike a good attitude but hopefully people know what I mean.

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Hey Liz, thank you! It felt like a real honour. I've loved her books for years. I think that if your book is anything like her's in theme or scope, you're on to a winner. Also, yes, CRACK ON! I'd love to read it someday x

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • Will do. I'm going to read hers first though haha. Or maybe I shouldn't. I got a lot of encouragement from Debi on the self-edit course. I'm hoping to have her read this latest draft I'm doing as soon as I can manage it. Have a good weekend! x

0 0 0 0 0 0
          • Why don't you listen to them on audiobook? Use a different bit of your brain? Debi is a wonder, isn't she? Is the SE course as wonderful as we hear? 

0 0 0 0 0 0
            • Loved this session - and as I posted in the Q&A memory is a big thing with me in memoir. Today I was talking to my husband about a health problem I had a few years ago - I'm hoping a short article I've written about it will be published soon by a health charity and they asked for something from him about suddenly having to become a carer (temporarily in our case, and he was was v good). And that made me realise that there is whole different angle that he experienced. Things that loomed very large for him were not very important to me and vice-versa. 

0 0 0 0 0 0
              • Isn't it so true? One of my oldest friends recently moved back to Brighton and we spend a lot of time together reminiscing about the past – what she remembers and what I do are SO different... it can feel almost scary and make you doubt yourself. It's such a good thing to think about in our writing – for both fiction and non-fiction. I'm glad you enjoyed it, Maggie. Thanks so much for coming!

0 0 0 0 0 0
              Not logged in users can't 'Comments Post'.
              Info