Feed Item
L.
 added a post 

I have a flash out today with Spelk Fiction — a story about dancing, Japanese pottery and nipple tassels. Link below if anyone wants to have a read.

https://spelkfiction.com/2020/04/27/happy-hour-at-the-pussy-cat-club/

Comments
  • Thanks!

I love that picture, it's that kind of pink neon I had in mind when I wrote it.

0 0 0 0 0 0
    • Very neat and tight with good images. Lots of them to savour but I liked, especially, the 'hitching a ride up her bones' as a nod to her personal odyssey.

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Thanks Christine! 

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • You've skillfully packed a lot of emotion into a very small word count, but don't stop there. I adored the last line and I'd love to read a novel where broken things are beautiful. Because haven't we all been a little broken at some point in time?

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • Thanks Julie! Absolutely we've all been broken and put ourselves back together in some way or another.

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • A beautiful comparison, the broken bowl mended with precious metal and the broken woman, proud to be a survivor. Beautifully written, painful but hopeful

0 0 0 0 0 0
          • Thanks Lynn!

0 0 0 0 0 0
            • My pleasure 

0 0 0 0 0 0
            • Fantastic story. And I loved the wabi-sabi / kintsugi references. All the more so as that philosophy, those same themes, and kintsugi as a metaphor for the strength and beauty to be found in imperfection and the mending of what once was broken, are at the core of the novel I'm currently constructing. It was wonderful to see them used so perfectly here. Just beautifully written all round. Thank you for sharing!

0 0 0 0 0 0
              • Thanks Jon!

0 0 0 0 0 0
              Not logged in users can't 'Comments Post'.
              Info