Feed Item
Added a post  to  , Non-fiction & Life Writing

Hi, is anyone writing narrative non-fiction and prepared to chat?

Comments
  • Of course. It's Life Writing. Bring it on...

0 0 0 0 0 0
    • I would have described it more as torture, but if that's life…

0 0 0 0 0 0
    • Hi all, I've just finished my first MS, it's narrative non-fiction. Yes possibly looking for beta readers D.M., we have content in common, my book tells the story of my quest for gender balance and uses the stories of many people I've met as a work psychologist.

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Very good. I'm interested. While writing fiction, I try to touch topics that are pertinent and relatable to the common person on the street and my preferred topics are women's issues. Very interested in feedback exchange with a psychologist!... My email is on my profile page, anyone can contact me for feedback..

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • Thanks Donna, I'm on the JW self edit course at the moment. I'll get in touch via email :)

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • Hi Margaret. I am on the umpteenth edit of my memoir and would love to chat and exchange ideas. The tale covers a 7 month period in which I abandoned the rat race and worked as a ski chalet host in the French Alps as the first installment of a new lifestyle. I was out of my depth in hospitality (from health care) and jaegerbombs, with colleagues younger than my son, but survived and continued for 5 further winters. I thought that Brexit would change all my plans but had never considered global pandemics.

If anyone is interested I'd happily provide amateur feedback.

0 0 0 0 0 0
          • Hi Gill, Your memoir sounds interesting. Happy to read and give feedback. Just seen you have posted a bit of it. Will read & comment and also post a bit of Gutted (my life-writing piece) soon.

0 0 0 0 0 0
            • Hi Donna. I have messaged you directly via the email address on your JW profile. Hope you receivec it.

0 0 0 0 0 0
            • I've written a collection of essays titled, Caution: Mermaid Crossing, Voyages of a Motherless Daughter.  it was years in the processI'm curious, Margaret ,what subject matter is your narrative nonfiction? Anyhow, I had a professional editor and went through a massive revision and several polishes before I reached a final draft. I'm now in the daunting process of sending out queries to literary agents. Gil, your memoir sounds intriguing. I'm glad to see nonfiction, memoir posts because most of the posts have been fiction or flash fiction. Writing and submitting is a lonely path on top of the isolating reality of the pandemic so it's nice to connect. My blog is by same title if anyone is curious. I write about an array of personal stories on this path called life. www.cautionmermaidcrossing.com 

Happy writing and be well.

Valerie Anne

0 0 0 0 0 0
              • Hi Margaret, more than happy to connect. I'm currently on my discovery draft, where I just splurge everything out and watch what happens (as I call it), of my memoir which looks at issues of disability, mental health and discrimination based around a period of my life in the early part of my career in the media. So can't say I'm an experienced memoirist, my previous experience is mostly inc creating fiction or writing match reports if I'm honest but I decided to try something new/a new genre during lockdown and I'm happy to chat things through with people whenever.

Happy writing and stay safe

Gemma

0 0 0 0 0 0
                Not logged in users can't 'Comments Post'.
                Info