Feed Item

Hey guys, I'm new to the Jericho community. Have just completed the third draft of what I hope one day to be my debut novel! It's a psychological thriller set in the near future with sci-fi aspects, namely in the form of time travel. The word count is just over 85,000 words. Keen to get to know people that are working on similar projects, and excited to be a part of the community! :-) PS due to me being unable to at present use either of my hands I'm using voice dictation software so if I'm slow to respond to any replies I do apologise! Looking forward to interacting with fellow creatives :-)

Comments
  • Hi David. Welcome. That must be very frustrating with the hands. I hope they're better soon

0 0 0 0 0 0
    • That's awesome to hear! Everything crossed indeed! :-)

And thanks for the tip :-) Is there a designated place for sharing a bit of your work and seeing others for feedback purposes?

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Go to 'Forum' and use 'Add' to post something in 'peer to peer critiques'.

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • Thanks! Think I will most definitely do that! :-)

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • Hi David, and nice to (virtually) meet you. Your book sounds great! Welcome, and the best of luck with your medical situation; that must be very frustrating. 😕 

0 0 0 0 0 0
          • Hey, nice to meet you (virtually) too! :-) And thanks great to hear that you think so! :-) I see from your profile that you are working on a fantasy novel! Sounds great, how far into it are you?

And thanks, really appreciate the kind wishes! Though yep is unbelievably frustrating but just have to keep fighting and where there is a will there is a way, that's what they say anyway LOL! :-)

0 0 0 0 0 0
            • I'm battling my way through the first draft at the moment, with most of the pre-planning done. I still have a few gaps that I have to break off to fill / fix along the way. So I'm writing first draft scenes in a pretty haphazard order at the moment in the hope that they'll all fit together eventually! 😁 Some chapters are in pretty good shape for a first draft (the first chapter is here). Others are in various states of disarray! 😖 

I do hope your situation improves in the not too distant future, and that it's not affecting your writing too badly.

0 0 0 0 0 0
              • Nice! Sounds like you're right in the thick of it, best place to be! Fingers crossed they all fit together, and will definitely take a look at your first chapter as well! :-) Think will post the first chapter of mine up as well at some point (namely once I work out how to do so using the voice dictation software LOL) as seems like you have great feedback on yours! :-) And at first glance this definitely seems like a great community to be a part of and look forward to hopefully contributing to it!

And thanks fingers crossed! :-)

0 0 0 0 0 0
              • Hi David, and welcome to Jericho! A really lovely space, this, filled with very knowledgeable people. Tons of experience and so generous with their time too!

Love the sound of your book. Ah, a thriller time travel story - marvelous! 

And as others have said, I hope you can get the help you need soon. All the best

0 0 0 0 0 0
                • Great to hear that you've had a productive lockdown! And LOL pretty standard indeed!

And that makes my head hurt just thinking about doing that number of projects at once LOL! But definitely great fun indeed hopefully you get it all sorted! :-) And congrats on the go ahead from your editor, that's awesome news! What's the premise of the serial or are you not allowed to say?

And I've just completed the third draft, have had a couple of critiques on it in the past from a professional writer I know, which helped me to get the plot solid! Or rather I hope anyway, no doubt if I read through it again I would change my mind as is always the case LOL!

But in all honesty for the stage it's at I'm quite with it, so really hoping to find some beta readers, get some independent feedback to see where I go next!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                  • Ha! Makes my head hurt too, though in an enjoyable way. Just sent off the horror story, so one down. The serials and short stories are not spec fic, mainly historical mysteries. This current one's set in the Edwardian music hall. I quite enjoy writing for them, even though it's very different from what I would usually write - the editorial team are very supportive and helpful too and it's made me tailor my writing to a certain market which is a useful skull I think.

Well done on your third draft! And so great to have a professional writer look through your work, so helpful. Plot structure is definitely my short fall, so that must have been really useful.

You'll definitely find betas here, in sure and there are other sites - scribophile I think and absolutely write - where you can find betas.

Hope it goes well for you

0 0 0 0 0 0
                    • Sounds nice! And often writing something you would not normally write is what really helps you progress as a writer! And it's great to hear they are so supportive! Really hope it goes well for you :-)

And thanks! A really is so useful, really helped solidify the plot, amazing the small things that they pick up!

And thanks for the info will most definitely check those out! :-)

And thanks you too!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                    • Welcome David and congratulations on finishing your third draft! Sounds like an intriguing story. Sorry to hear about your hands, that must be so frustrating.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                      • Hey nice to meet you, and thanks great to hear you think so! :-)

And thanks really is unbelievably so! :-(

Have you been a member here long?

0 0 0 0 0 0
                        • I think I’ve been a member for about a year. Can’t believe it’s been that long already!  It’s a nice community.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                          • Nice! And it definitely seems to be! :-)

So do you have any works in progress?

0 0 0 0 0 0
                          • Hi David! Nice to "meet" you. 🙂

0 0 0 0 0 0
                            • Hey nice to meet you too! :-)

0 0 0 0 0 0
                            Not logged in users can't 'Comments Post'.