Feed Item
Added a post  to  , Historical Fiction

Hello, and thanks for approving my membership. I love to read historical fiction but when I write things they tend to come out more on the speculative side rather than the pure historical side! I'm also in the self-publishing and poetry groups here.

Comments
  • Hi Alex - I think I'm a bit like you. I love reading historical, but my writing usually has a fantastical twist. Had a short story about the Rainhill trials published recently, but Stephenson's Rocket was using dragons for heat, not coal!

0 0 0 0 0 0
    • Oh, my word, Kate! That sounds amazing. Where was it published?

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • :D Thanks Lynn - It's in Harvey Duckman presents Volume 5. You can get from Amazon. My story's called The Sky's the Limit.

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • I'll check it out. Love that twist

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • And me! I'm a history grad, so obsessed by the past, but also read a lot of fantasy growing up. Loved The Dark is Rising and anything by Alan Garner, that mix of history, myth, fantasy. Currently writing a supernatural mystery set in the 1970s with ghosts that date back to the Edwardian period, so you can see all my interests have come together there 😀

0 0 0 0 0 0
          • Just bought the anthology and I love your story! Brilliant, accomplished writing and just a wonderful idea. If only we'd been able to enter that age of smokeless energy! Great stuff, Kate

0 0 0 0 0 0
            • Thanks Lynn - I'm feeling all glowy! 

0 0 0 0 0 0
              • You should do, it was a cracking read! Pass on any other publishing news - be great to read more I'd your stories 😀

0 0 0 0 0 0
              • I love the dragons idea! (Sorry have just found your reply to my initial post. Still trying to figure out how things work around here.) My current wip imagines a Victorian alt-Edinburgh in a Scotland that was heavily influenced by the French Revolution. 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                Not logged in users can't 'Comments Post'.
                Info