Feed Item
Added a post  to  , Non-fiction & Life Writing

Hi all, newbie here. Not quite got sure how to navigate the forums yet but thought I'd say hello. I ghostwrite autobiographies for a living. Currently working on half a dozen different books at various stages – thank goodness for Scrivener! Most are for private publication, 40 or 50 copies for family and friends. Also close to completing an autobiography written with a well-known musician, which will probably be self-published and another couple of interesting projects. Sometimes struggle with the mechanics of it all – formatting for print, ebooks, Google Docs, etc. Looking forward to learning from others and swapping experiences.   

Comments
  • Welcome and hello! 

0 0 0 0 0 0
    • Thank you, Catherine. Is it usually this quiet in here?

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • I don't really know, as I've only been here a month. I've found people friendly and willing to offer help. I think it helps to get stuck into the community and engaging with other people's threads and discussions, as it's generally easier to ask for feedback and advice when you are already a bit familiar with people. 

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Hi Michael, welcome to the community! You'll find the forums are where more people come together the most as they're open to everyone whereas groups have a smaller membership as they're more niche. I hope that helps! 

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • Thank you both.

0 0 0 0 0 0
          • Hi Michael, and welcome. Yep, as Holly and others have indocated the hurly burly of conversation ebbs and flows, as with all communities, but there's a lot more regular activity in the forums than the groups, which tend to be visited less frequently! 

0 0 0 0 0 0
            Not logged in users can't 'Comments Post'.
            Info