Feed Item
Added a post  to  , Crime, Mystery & Thriller Authors

Hi! I’m Marina, I’m Greek but presently based in France. I’ve written two detective/mystery novels, featuring rookie PI Fleur Addams. One is set on a yacht in the Aegean, the other in the world of international horse racing. Both unpublished. I would prefer to go the trad route, since I’d much rather be writing than flogging books, but, despite a few agents asking to see the full ms, I’ve not managed to get representation yet. Sigh... It all seems so random. A matter of luck, coming upon the right person at the right time. I don’t know if you guys agree? Anyway, happy to have found a group of like-minded loonies, and looking forward to picking the brains of some of you regarding police and authenticity matters. 

Comments
  • Hi Marina and welcome. I’m an Englishman presently based in Crete. I agree that it seems random. Fashion seems to count for more than quality. I self-published but marketing is a major challenge. Happy to swap notes if I can be of any help.

0 0 0 0 0 0
    • Hi Alex, thanks! I will sure to pick your brains if I decide to push the button. For the moment I’m still trying to get an agent. Let’s see...

0 0 0 0 0 0
    • Hi Marina. Welcome to the group. It is so difficult, but great that you've had agents asking for the full MS. I think these are difficult times. Fingers crossed for you.

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Thanks Helen. Perseverance is the name of the game, but we need luck as well

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Ah so Fleur is a "double D" Addams, excellent!  I've never trusted any of the single "D" Adams' I've met but the doubles seem to be good folks.

Welcome.

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • Thanks, Calvin

0 0 0 0 0 0
        Not logged in users can't 'Comments Post'.
        Info