Feed Item
Added a post  to  , Crime, Mystery & Thriller Authors

Very excited to dive into my Christmas book haul! Did anyone else almost exclusively ask for books this year?!

Comments
  • Nothing for, I have been scanning Amazon and Ebay for what is coming up second hand. I love holding something that may be older than I am, and has a history of readership over the decades

0 0 0 0 0 0
    • I do love a second hand book! When I'm buying for myself I usually go second hand. I couldn't afford all the hardbacks and cloth editions every time. Definitely never bought a book older than me though (as far as I'm aware)...

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • I picked up "Tails of the Road" a few years ago at a used sale.  It turned 100 about three years ago.  Not only is it  my oldest book it is in great shape and a wonderful read.

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Yes me. I asked for books or bookshop gift vouchers and would you believe it, I received six books (from different family members and friends) which I hadn’t already read. All crime, mystery and thrillers of course. Happy days. Hurrah!

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • Isn't it lovely to realise how well your friends and family know you! I was like a kid in a sweet shop next to my wonderful new stack :) Bring on lots of new year reading!

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • The ONE time I mentioned getting books my girl friend replied, "You already have too many books!"  And that was the end of that, and soon after the end of her too.

0 0 0 0 0 0
          • Ha ha, that made me laugh. 

0 0 0 0 0 0
            • Too many?! I would not stand for such blasphemy either...

0 0 0 0 0 0
            • Death on the Nile! Yes!

0 0 0 0 0 0
              • It's my next read! Thought it was about time haha

0 0 0 0 0 0
              Not logged in users can't 'Comments Post'.
              Info