Feed Item
Added a post  to  , Children's Books & YA Authors

Hi, is anyone on here interested in buddying up to motivate and help break free from procrastination?  I’m a YA writer, thriller/suspense and would like to find someone I can chat with on a regular basis to set and review targets to help me get back on track with my writing.  I’ve been homeschooling my son since the start of lockdown one, which has pretty much killed my creativity and the ability to communicate effectively with anyone over the age of six 😵

Comments
  • Hi Rebecca I would be interested. I’ve often thought about writing with someone else and making it a joint venture. I am writing my MG novel and editing at present. Happy to helf where I can. If you fancy a joint venture at some point let me know. 

0 0 0 0 0 0
    • Hi Debbie,  it wouldn’t be a joint write: more a setting targets, reviewing targets, accountability kind of partnership and to run ideas past each other.   My writing tends to be on the darker side of life. Let me know if you’re still interested!

0 0 0 0 0 0
    • Ok. I was a trainer in a former life, I have a coaching diploma. So if you’re interested, I could use my coaching skills to help you set targets etc.At the moment I’m quite motivated so don’t need too much help, may do in the future. Happy to coach by phone or email. Let me know if this appeals.

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Coaching staff ana management to reach targets, not personal trainer! If you saw me you’d realise that! 😂😂😂

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • 😄definitely wouldn’t be interested in fitness training! Thanks for the offer, but was hoping to buddy up with someone in the same situation.

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • Hi Rebecca. I would be interested. I'm writing a YA domestic noir/psychological thriller. Completed first draft last year and am feeling very disheartened at present. I like to bounce ideas around as I work best collaboratively (not really suited to the lonely writer toiling in isolation paradigm). I'm a psychotherapist so always up for mining characters' underlying motivations 😁 

0 0 0 0 0 0
          • Hi Dawn, seems like we write along similar themes, so really keen to give it a go. I’ll message you!

0 0 0 0 0 0
          • If either of you want my help let me know. My first question would be what is your overall goal?

0 0 0 0 0 0
            • awesome, thanks so much Debbie 😊

0 0 0 0 0 0
            • I would then want to know what are your short term goals?

0 0 0 0 0 0
              Not logged in users can't 'Comments Post'.
              Info