Feed Item
Added a post  to  , Crime, Mystery & Thriller Authors

Hey, Killers.

Is death by earthquake – murder by de-fault?

Comments
  • I like it! It would be interesting to see how an earthquake could be used as a murder device. Perhaps by sabotaging the earthquake defences of a building and seeing it collapse in an aftershock.

0 0 0 0 0 0
    • I live in a city prone to earthquakes (Mexico City) and can't see this happening. If there are any 'earthquake defences' in a building, then it's likely to be a solid crossbeam on one side of the building, which you wouldn't be able to sabotage without damaging the structure of the building, which would be noticeable. You also can't predict when they are going to happen or how serious they are going to be, and you only have around a minute or so warning to evacuate the building. The only way I see it happening is if, in the middle of a serious earthquake, in a building that is clearly going to fall down, a person decides to lock someone else in a room or otherwise prevent them from evacuating, taking the decision on the spur of the moment. Not pre-meditated, but definitely murder. 

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • One could architect the murder, without knowing who would be killed, through planned defence failure in construction.

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Only if it's a stake out!

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • I suppose if they’d also just suffered an allergic reaction they could die in the collapse of the Epi-centre.

0 0 0 0 0 0
          • I'm sure the plates' defence to any charge of murder would be they were under too much stress. They just cracked.

0 0 0 0 0 0
            • Mitigating circumstances: They came from an unstable family

0 0 0 0 0 0
            Not logged in users can't 'Comments Post'.
            Info