Feed Item

Hi everyone, thanks for this! As with all new websites, there are some teething issues, so this feedback is all super-useful. 

For those struggling to get in, do pop an email to info@jerichowriters.com as Holly says here, and our team will get your logins reinstated as a priority. 

On finding the content - the new menu system will hopefully make searching for topics of interest easier long-term, but I completely understand that it makes it hard to navigate to recent things meanwhile! Here are a few things to note, which might be useful: 

1) Replays will be added to the topic page they relate to (eg: Psychic Distance with Debi Alper is a masterclass in 'Writing Resources' and then both 'Prose' and 'Character'). A link will also be added to the 'Member Events' page once it's available - the button under the event changes from 'Register Now' to 'Watch Replay' - so you can head there this month and see all replays from the Self-Publishing Month (the first event is there now, if you wanted to see).

2) We've gone live with a way for everyone to search blog articles, but are working now on a way for you to search videos too. This is a little complicated for lots of techy reasons, but we'll let you know when it's ready to use! Then you can search something like "Debi Alper" and see all videos with her featured, for example. 

3) I'm reading these and wondering if perhaps a map might help? I'll see if we can get one made up and available as a download from the Member Dashboard. That will show you what topics are where. 

4) I'm also going to make a page now specifically featuring replays from 2021, until the search is ready. Hopefully this will help navigation until that search button is live and I'll post an update here once it's live. I'll also link to it from the top of the 'Member Events' page. A possibly boring behind-the-scenes feature of this new website is that it enables our team to make pages themselves, so we should be able to do stuff like this quickly in the future (hurray!)

I'll get those broken links fixed and if there's anything else you can think of that might make things easier, please let me know! This is phase one of a many-phase site, so there are more improvements in the pipeline to come soon :) x

Comments
Info