Feed Item
Added a forum 

This time last year, the Jericho Writers team stopped sleeping and set to create the largest online writing festival we possibly could. We had no real proof of concept; no real clue how we were going to pull it off; and no way of knowing whether anyone would even turn up. We just knew that we wanted to capture the magic of the physical Festival of Writing in an online space, but make it bigger, better and open to more people than ever before.  

The result ended up being better than our wildest dreams. We had over 1,000 writers attend from every continent across the globe. We hosted huge names and found a new family of writers who immediately became friends for life.  

We’ve taken on your feedback from last year and are so pleased to be bringing the Summer Festival of Writing back for 2021. This year, we’re announcing earlier, with early-bird tickets offering a HUGE discount to those who book now.  

We’ve not announced the full programme yet, but ticket-holders can look forward to over thirty-five online events stretching from June to August. Our speaks feature an international rostra of names such as the incredible Mark Dawson; Caleb Azumah Nelson; CD Major; and Folio Literary Agency. Just like last year, all tickets also include an entry into Friday Night Live competition, which has previously launched too many writing careers to count! You’ll also be able to watch as many events as you want live, or catch up on replay until 30 September.  

To make it even more affordable, early-bird tickets are an additional 50% off for members and we’ll also be giving away thirty free places to deserving under-represented writers, like last year.  

So, will you be coming to the 2021 Summer Festival of Writing?! Those of you who came along last year, what will bring you back again? 

Comments
    • I will be coming! 🙂 Thank you for doing it! On line is the only way I can attend the Festival. Well, until I will become rich and famous. 😂 

Last year festival was AMAZING! I learned a lot. I learned what information there is on writing and the industry. And I learned a lot about where to find the best and most reliable sources on writing and publishing.

It helped me a lot with my WIP too. I am better organized, I know what to do so far and had a great progress this year.

And it gave me the courage to start communicating with other fellow writers.

Thank you so much, Sarah and the whole Jericho Team! You do a great job!

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Hi Sarah, definitely will be booking as soon as I get paid at the end of the month. It was such a great summer last year. Can't wait for more. 

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • I've signed up! So glad you're doing another online festival, as I loved last year's. So many events and the opportunity to watch as many as you wish, without having to choose between multiple events scheduled at the same time, all from the comfort of home.

0 0 0 0 0 0
          • I shall be coming. I read the feedback from last year and realised that I would be a dingbat not to get a ticket. I need all the help I can get!😜  

0 0 0 0 0 0
            • What Julia said: I need more than the help I can get 😜! So, I already bought my ticket😎 Unfortunately I couldn't attend half of the sessions last year, due to the slowest internet on the planet (French countryside). I hope to attend more this year, looking forward to it!

0 0 0 0 0 0
              • Got mine too and looking forward to it 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                • Ticket booked! Can't wait. Looking forward to hearing more about Friday night live... I think...

0 0 0 0 0 0
                  • I've got my ticket. 

My mate was boasting about going to Kendal Calling this year for a three day festival so I said, "Three days, is that all? I've got a ticket to a three MONTH festival, but I suppose it's not a competition." I'm a bit of a knob like that.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                    • Yup, ticket booked and paid for. Even though I've got a weeks hols at the beginning of July, and another in the middle of August, I still thought it worth attending. Good job the self-catering places we've booked have got wifi.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                      • Yes, end of the month I will be getting my "seat" booked on the Summer Festival Of Writing Express.  What webinars I can't attend live I will be viewing back when I get home from work.  Last year I had soundcard issues with my old pc system and had to borrows mum's laptop so I could hear the speakers (it took for ever to load up too).  I now have a new build pc system, it's faster and sleeker... a bit like me really.... well, okay not at all like me. 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                        • Yep, just got my ticket! 

What will bring me back? 

The quality and variety of the presentations, sharing with other writers (including drinks & toasts) and the opportunity to listen to some first class fiction on Friday Night Live. + it's just plain FUN.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                          • image_transcoder.php?o=bx_froala_image&h=419&dpx=1&t=1618571801

Yay. All done. Something to look forward to. See you inside folks😉 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                            • I was torn because I've signed up to do the June self-editing course and I wanted to give that my full attention, because I've just gone full-time at work too. Then I saw the price of the members' early bird ticket and I am sooooo tempted! Last year's festival was fantastic and £50 for three months? It's a steal. So I guess it's a yes then and I'll just have to come out in sympathy with the Jericho team and give up sleep!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                              • All signed up and looking forward to this so much. 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                • Yes, I’m signed up and excited about it, having learned so much from the recordings on JW. Thanks so much for the work you all do to put together such an awesome event.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                  • Hope you enjoy it, Angela.  Just about to sign up too.  I went to their Festival of Writing in York a few years ago and loved it - brilliantly organised, wide variety of events and great access to agents on a one-to-one basis.  It was also great fun meeting hundreds of like-minded writers.  I came back energised and raring to get back to my writing.  I'm not enjoying the tech-based lectures as much, but they're the best we have at the moment, so a huge 'Thank You' to all at Jericho Writers for organising them.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                    • Hope you enjoy it, Angela.  Just about to sign up too.  I went to their Festival of Writing in York a few years ago and loved it - brilliantly organised, wide variety of events and great access to agents on a one-to-one basis.  It was also great fun meeting hundreds of like-minded writers.  I came back energised and raring to get back to my writing.  I'm not enjoying the tech-based lectures as much, but they're the best we have at the moment, so a huge 'Thank You' to all at Jericho Writers for organising them.

Thanks Helen, that’s great to know. I feel the need to be re-energised! Good luck with your writing.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                    • Yes, I'm attending. The festival really helped get me through quarantine last year. The connection with the writer's community and publishing is excellent. I'm an American and I like learning from experts in the U.K. I've started agent submissions and I'm beginning my next novel, the festival helps keep me focused and goal oriented. My only regret is I wish I could attend in person!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                      • Got my ticket! Woo hoo! I’m hoping to enter some writing this year for the Friday Night Live sessions too. 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                        • I have my ticket as well, really excited :)

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                          • Sarah Juckes | Head of Membership | Jericho Writers Hi Sarah, I know the early bird period has passed but is there a discount for members still if I joined now and then bought a ticket? Thank you.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                            Not logged in users can't 'Comments Post'.
                                            Info