Feed Item
Added a post  to  , Crime, Mystery & Thriller Authors

Is there a genre between Cozy Crime and Domestic Noir, or should I create my own category? Cozy Noir perhaps?

Comments
  • I do not know of one, so maybe we should put our heads together and come up with a positive name.

0 0 0 0 0 0
    • That would be brilliant. I just had a beta reading and she said it was definitely not Cozy Crime (too much swearing) but not enough explanation of the perp for Domestic Noir. But I think I’m going to be writing everything in this mixed genre so... Humorous but Thoughtful Crime? 

0 0 0 0 0 0
    • Something to reflect the realism of the situation, people do swear, but also the perspective, presumably a family rather than a dark brooding perp. I am rubbish at thinking up new things now, so someone else try!

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Having just watched Lucy Worsley I think Golden Age somewhat Tinted.

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • Maybe a Whodunit... - as per Masterclass - 

1. Whodunits: This subgenre also involves a lighthearted mystery where the atmosphere feels less grave than a hard-boiled detective novel. A whodunit can have a campy style and comedic bent, as in the film Clue.
          0 0 0 0 0 0
          • Brilliant. Whodunnits it is. Thanks.

0 0 0 0 0 0
          •  l like the sound of cosy noir. There's also the cosy mystery genre, which seems quite wide. Didn't know there was a rule about swearing - that certainly disqualifies all my books from cosy genres, hahaha.

0 0 0 0 0 0
            • Good to know! What's the story about btw? Are you going to pitch to agents or self-publish?

0 0 0 0 0 0
              • Story is about a quadruple widow who may, or may not have killed all her husbands. The detectives need to find out as she is about to marry again. I would love to trad publish but I wonder if anyone would take it. I’m certainly considering self publishing.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                • Sounds very intriguing, I have to say.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                Not logged in users can't 'Comments Post'.
                Info