Comment to 'Share your elevator pitch!'
  • I have two potentials, although the second one is maybe a bit misleading. When I say misleading, it's spot on, but it's all from Kelly's POV, rather than the Shadows. These were both developed for PitMad a few weeks back.

Psychologist Kelly breaks her Reality Filter & discovers magic is real. Doubting her sanity, she must fight an ancient Shadow intent on killing her favourite patient or she will lose her bf, her life, & worst—her job.

An ancient Shadow sees Kelly as a new challenge. When she offers herself to him freely, he’s ecstatic, but quickly realises his mistake. She’s a psychologist, learning she has powerful magic of her own. 

0 0 0 0 0 0
    • The second one sounds more intriguing to me. 🙂

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • To save the master piano tuner she loves, Violette must face her unbearable ability to see sound as colour. -This says romance to me! -

I think you still need to brainstorm the second sentence. I like the damned part because it gives your pitch a dark phantom of the opera touch. If you just say she risks losing him forever, it's in any romance novel. I'm not sure how to work it in, though.

When a master piano tuner manipulates music, Violette must face her unbearable ability to see sound as colour. If she can't see past her painful memories, the man she loves will be damned forever.

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • Thanks! These are great points and ideas, I'll give it some work.:)

0 0 0 0 0 0