Comment to 'Beta reader for science fiction'
  • Thanks for the offer, Jim. I’m working hard on my first chapter and have yet to decide what to focus on. When I’ve finally landed on it, I’ll post it here for review ;) I’ll Keep you posted.

0 0 0 0 0 0
    • I've got an entire book written.  Looking for feedback on it.   I didn't think it would be so hard to find people to read it but most of my family have graciously bowed out from reading it.   Freinds smile and nod when I mention my writing.  Sigh...

I am assuming if you are on chapter 1 of your book you are still looking for a direction to take it.  Good luck.

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Friends and family wouldn’t be much help (unless they’re writers or editors themselves). So, you’re not missing out in that realm.

There’s a forum called Critique Circle where you give and receive critique. The critique is pretty detailed. It operates on a points system so as you give critique, you receive points and can post your work for critique. The points system is a way to keep the whole system rolling. I see people adding a chapter at a time of their work. 

Lots of editors and practicing writers are on there. That might be something to look into. 

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • I just joined today and already did one critique

0 0 0 0 0 0