Comment to 'Historical Fiction Early Chapter - Introducing Characters & Setting (Roman) '
  • Hi Lucy, like you I'm completely new to this so I haven't yet shared any of my writing, but I feel compelled to add my thoughts to what you have submitted. 

I'm a great fan of historical fiction, however I don't read much about the Roman era and it's not normally something I would even consider, but personally I loved it. I read it twice and also read all the comments and feedback you've received. You know what they say, 'you can't please all the people all the time!'

At the risk of being slated, I don't agree with a lot of what has been said, but then I'm not an expert. I don't think you have over imagined things, I found it easy to read and enjoyed the dialogue immensely. 

As regards feedback, it's very interesting to see how people have such different perspectives, but then we are all learning, and as they say, 'every day's a schoolday.'

I would very much like to see how this story progresses

Well done...and good luck with the rest of it.

0 0 0 0 0 0
    • Hi Jonathan, I only just saw your reply, I haven't got on top of Townhouse notifications yet, sorry! Thank you so much for your feedback and kind words. As my manuscript was on the long side, I've applied some of the feedback from other people to help me cut it down into a slightly more agent-friendly length - but hopefully striking the right balance between pleasing other people, and myself!
      Thanks again for your comment 😊 

0 0 0 0 0 0