Comment to 'What's the elevator pitch for your WIP?'
  • This is mine. 'Ancient gods designed him, circa 750 anno domini. 1,244 years later he would be Angus MacDonald; the god’s long-planned, unsuspecting champion. But then, he died.

0 0 0 0 0 0
    • Hi Cassandra. I agree to cutting one of the dates, but I did find 750 AD intriguing in some way. I used the MCs name because I wanted to introduce the Scottish influence. It's like the name Jamie Fraser. It is so well know and with it comes images of Scotland and the battle on Culloden Moor. But, must admit i've never tried writing an elevator pitch before.

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Ha ha haaaaaa!😃 That's soooo good, Jon. 'The problem is, he's dead.' That would certainly grab attentions. But people may think he's a Zombie. Hell! I like it, though.

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • Gee, Em, that's good, too. To my understanding, elevator pitches don't need to be so related to specifics of the story. The archaic 'anno domini' I used specifically to indicate the story is about old stuff. But the decision has been made already, it's out. The hero dies during the 14th chapter, the mid-point drama. He's dead for sure, but he's not. 😃 😃 My inciting incident is in the first chapter with another at the start of the second. Thanks again for your great help.

0 0 0 0 0 0