Comment to 'Webinar Woe'
Comment to Webinar Woe
  • Hi, Sorry you found last night a disappointment.  I don't have an axe to grind but, by chance, I took time to type up my scribbled notes from previous webinars this morning and was surprised when I put it together how much solid info there was. Among the highlights for me were Slushpile Live with Laura Williams, Book Doctor Surgery with Debi Alper, Self editing with Harry, Endings with Debi Alper, and the elevator pitch one with Sam Copeland. You may well be much further on than me with your writing skills, but I found the stuff on narrative triangle and psychic distance especially was very helpful. With a live webinar and something like 230 plus people joining, the info is bound to be general but they are free with membership and I think they do a worthwhile job. They still work for me at my stage in writing.  Angela. 

0 0 0 0 0 0
    • I've been doing writing a long time, but that doesn't necessarily make me any more skilled than you, Angela.  I'm glad you've found the webinars useful.  I just find them very frustrating. I would probably watch one with Debi Alper, though, because I've seen her on other things and like the way she puts her message across.  Thank you for your comments.

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Please excuse the use of the word "doing" in my first sentence.  I don't know how that got in there.

0 0 0 0 0 0