Comment to 'Hi everyone,After 20 years on my 'to do' list it finally took a ...'
  • Hi Helen,

Thanks for your message.

My description is a nod to 'On the Road' by Jack K.  It's not used much nowadays, he was saying that while the book was based on real events that names, places and a few timelines were changed for the story rather than a strict retelling of his history.

Memoirs of a 20th Century Gentleman, although with a few names changed to protect the innocent, sticks pretty much to the actual events and timeline as far as I remember them.  Having said, by describing it so, I am giving myself enough leeway to play around at some point without betraying the genre description.

Therefore I list the work in both Memoir non-fiction & literary fiction so that I have the scope to decide on the ending as I wish.  Without giving too much away, I've more or less written the ending in my head but by the time I get there in Part Five I may feel differently; after all, there's a long way to go yet!

Also, if Memoir non-fiction works are the facts as retold from one memory, then surely every account written is from an individual perspective, and therefore could well be a very different recollection of the events, although both people were there at the time.  

I hope this helps explain things a little more for you.

The first book of 'Memoirs of a 20th Century Gentleman ~ Innocence' is available for free to download as a giveaway till the end of July, have a look and perhaps you'll see what I mean:

https://claims.prolificworks.com/free/WBJ3Rdyv

I'm always happy to answer any questions, feel free to get in touch anytime.

Have a great day :-)

James

0 0 0 0 0 0