Comment to 'Hi. I wrote this a while ago. The aim, to some extent, was to ex...'
  • Depends on the tone you're after, but to me, Lucy comes across as cozy and asexual. Women are pretty clear about when they have a great ass (or similar attribute). And a rock chick is just as likely to remember having the hots for one of the guys in the band...and for her husband. But if it's a cozy-grandma feel you're after, ignore what I just said. 

From a writing point of view, you might be able to get more impact by starting later - with her looking at the photos and reminiscing so that the reader gets pulled in to the story right away. That would allow you to weave in some of the other elements in an organic flow. 

0 0 0 0 0 0
    • Thanks Constance. That's useful. As I said, I enjoyed the gender swap process, but I reckon I'd struggle with a cozy-grandma perspective. Maybe I just lack ambition. 😉

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • It's inherently ambitious to swap genders. Bravo for that! 

I liked the story, btw, in case I forgot to say that. Just thought maybe the grandma could show more visible sassiness. 😀

0 0 0 0 0 0