Feed Item
Added a post  to  , All about self-publishing

Delighted to share my most recent book which I have self-published on Amazon. It is the prequel to my first book, A Mother's Loss, and is set in 1840s Norfolk. The book is based in our old house which was originally a Victorian pub. Mary meets and marries the man of her dreams only to find she must share him with his best friend. Unfortunately that friend is far too keen on Mary and her husband cannot or will not see the havoc his friend is about to bring to their door.
Happy for you to share if you enjoy it and, of course, always looking for readers to post a review.

Comments
    • Well done.

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Congratulations 👏

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • 50 copies in three months is very good. How did your previous books do - did you prequel them too? Reading more I can see you base your stories around personal experience. How hard was it to obscure the person detail while keeping the story? It must be hard re-imagining everything or does it come naturally? Interesting that you like split time stories.

0 0 0 0 0 0
          • I have published two other books which have sold reasonably well for self-publishing. I think its very true that the more books you have the more you can sell - cross sales etc. I have started to do a price drop each month which increases sale numbers and I pay for an advert to generate interest.

I am not too constricted by genre which is probably not the 'done' thing. I write what comes to me. My current WIP is a bit more ChickLit for a total change and I have a historical novel in my head which may well be another time-split.

Have you written / published yet?

0 0 0 0 0 0
            • I'm on the point of publishing and thinking along the prequel lines or serialisation. My book is also a bit cross-genre which is probably a problem for traditional publishers but less so for indie as you are proving: as we don't have to worry about the profit line but can be more original for the story's sake as you say. 

Yours are a bit chicklit its true or I would have offered more feedback (I looked at the train carriage one). But I might delve deeper to see how you do the time split.

0 0 0 0 0 0
              • I have enjoyed the experience of self-publishing so would recommend.

0 0 0 0 0 0
              • Congratulations Caroline! It looks great.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                • Congratulations Caroline!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                  Not logged in users can't 'Comments Post'.
                  Info