Feed Item

Hello! So excited about the festival. I had a question about the one-to-ones - does anyone know when we need to submit our documents by? (As in, the final deadline.) Thanks and can't wait to meet you all!

Comments
    • Hi all, just confirmed with Anna. It'll be August 15th, the same date that you have to confirm your itinerary by. If you have it ready earlier though, please do send it in earlier - the agents will have a LOT of submissions to work through!

(We'll add this info to the itinerary on the site too - thanks for asking!)

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Oh that sounds a lot less scary than ... now? Next week?

I'll have to sit down and rewrite that synopsis as I am currently rewriting the whole book after manuscript assessment - hoping to at least finish by August 15th!!! 

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • Yikes totally failed to appreciate that I have to submit documents ... is it the usual synopsis plus chapters or what?

0 0 0 0 0 0
          • First 5000 words, synopsis & query letter! 

0 0 0 0 0 0
          • Elsie, is there any flexibility on what we submit if we’re seeing book doctors?

0 0 0 0 0 0
            • Hi Milla, have spoken with our 121 organiser who says you'd be okay to submit 6k words (rather than 5k) and a synopsis if this would be more helpful for you? Looking forward to seeing you at the festival! 

0 0 0 0 0 0
            • That's handy.  5k falls right in the middle of tense action for me so good to be able to conclude at a sensible point.  I guess the reader will just stop anyway if it's not interesting them!

0 0 0 0 0 0
              Not logged in users can't 'Comments Post'.
              Info