Townhouse password niggle

Just a quick query: when I log in to Townhouse, it comes pre-set with the Jericho password and I have to overtype with the Townhouse one.  Is this normal?  I'd be grateful if anyone could tell me how to change this.

0 0 0 0 0 0
Replies (14)
    • Yes and no.

It's not a feature of the sites, but of your chosen browser. Some browsers can differentiate between the community subdomain in their stored passwords. Others, apparently, can't.

You can of course get around this by setting the remeber-me toggle next time. Then it'll just remember you automatically when you come here…

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Thank you for this, Rick.  I don't remember seeing a "remember me" toggle but I'll look for it.

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • I am crap at websites and things Blakeney, so I have a bookmark for Townhouse and another for the main site to watch webinars etc, same on my phone. It works for me, I am on a Mac and Safari not sure if this matters....if only I could do IT things. 

0 0 0 0 0 0
          • Thank you, Jane.  Is a bookmark the same as a shortcut?  I'm not all that good at techy things, either..  I don't even know how to add a link, which everyone else seems to find a piece of cake.  (I haven't been able to do what Rick suggested).

0 0 0 0 0 0
            • No time at all. Because I have rememebr me set. And if I log out, the browser remembers it . And if it somehow forgets, it's only 36-odd characters…

0 0 0 0 0 0
              • 36!!  I thought you just blacked them all out on purpose for posting!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                • Or that. Or…

0 0 0 0 0 0
                • I've got the best password ever. It's a row of 12 asterisks.  Haha!! None of you will ever guess it! Oh. 😳 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                  • Hi Blakeney, as others have suggested, I think this is related to your browser settings rather than Townhouse itself, but if you're still having trouble it might be worth getting in contact with our Writers' Support team at info@jerichowriters.com to double-check 😊 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                    • Thank you all. The browser I'm using is Google Chrome.  I'm just going to log out and in again, hoping to see the toggle Rick sent.  I now know where to find the setting for bookmarks so presume I choose "set bookmark for this tab" when I open Townhouse. I'm scared of doing something that messes things up but will let you know what happens. 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                      • I've followed Rick's tip and clicked on "remember me" and got the tick but it came back crossed when I logged in again and I had to do the overtype again.  I'll try the bookmark next time but it might be something I just have to put up with.  I love people's willingness to help here!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                        Not logged in users can't 'Comments Post'.