Cover Reveal

Today was the cover reveal for my debut novel NOBODY BUT US! It's been a crazy and amazing day and I'm grateful to the many people which have helped over on Twitter and Instagram posting the trailer for the cover and made today so special. And it is already available on Amazon for pre-order! If you wanted to help you could add it as "to-read" on your Goodreads as it can help spread the word (thank you). 

Pre-order: https://tinyurl.com/4pu4c6f9 

Add on goodreads: https://tinyurl.com/4re6ttv3

ggif2l2izazzpp3xipab8jccffygbhky.jpg

6 0 0 0 0 0
Attachments
Replies (97)
    • This is fabulous, L. I’m so pleased for you. I saw the brilliant trailer on Twitter. What a teaser. I’m going to go preorder now. I’m sure it will be a storming success.

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Thanks Kate, and thanks for your support on the old writers workshop when I used to put stuff up for critique x 

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Many congratulations! Love the cover and the blurb -- I'm intrigued!

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • Thanks Iren! 

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • Laure she is stunning and I adored being a tiny part of the cover reveal. I am also loving the book but then I always knew I would. Congratulations ❤ 

0 0 0 0 0 0
          • Thanks Caron! Can’t wait to read yours x

0 0 0 0 0 0
          • Amazing cover. I've been waiting so long to read your novel and it's finally here! Congratulations!

0 0 0 0 0 0
            • Thanks Julie!

0 0 0 0 0 0
            • Laure,

I have just pre orderd you book and can't wait to read it next year. My daughter has a degree in illustration and she like me thinks your cover is amazing. 

Good luck to you. You deserve it 👏 💓 

0 0 0 0 0 0
              • Thanks so much Sue, I hope you enjoy it! I’m so lucky because I absolutely love that cover and wouldn’t change a thing about it. 

0 0 0 0 0 0
              • Congratulations. A really distinctive cover. Eye-catching as a thumbnail and full of detail viewed large.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                • My marketing manager and editor worked on the blurb together. Much tighter and punchier than what I used for my cover letter.This was my cover letter blurb: 

Ellie Masterson, a NYU Sophomore has only been dating Steven Harding, a well-respected Literature teacher at an exclusive Manhattan Prep for a few months, and she only has eyes for him. When they escape New York City for a three-day weekend in snowy Chesapeake Bay there is still so much they don’t know about each other.

At their isolated destination, the sharp absence of civilisation unsettles Ellie; Steven is just delighted to have his new girlfriend all to himself. But their romantic getaway takes a dark turn after an innocent game derails and reveals hidden truths about Steven’s past. Trapped inside as a snowstorm rages on, Steven’s lies threaten more than just their time together and draw their relationship into a dangerous new territory — one where Ellie may be hiding dark secrets of her own.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                  • Their version is definitely punchier.

Though the pedant in me asks why, in the full version, the hook lines are separated by a full stop (the better option, I think), but in the promo graphic, they're separated by a comma.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                    • This is such a good blurb! I love seeing the difference between how we pitch ourselves and how our publishers end up pitching us.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                    • Congratulations, Laure! What a fantastic cover! I love it. Pre-ordered and added to my 'to read' list on Goodreads! 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                      • Thanks so much for your support Jon! Hopefully it will be you soon. 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                      • Congratulations, it looks amazing. I'm looking forward to reading it!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                        • Thanks Mir!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                        • Gorgeous cover and all very exciting. I hope one day to be like you… I guess we all do really. Well done. 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                          • Thanks Georgina! It can be done, it’s about not giving up! 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                          • Great cover. Going to have to read the book.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                            • Thanks Carol! 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                            • Huge congratulations, L. It really is a great cover. I'm sure this is going to be huge☺️

0 0 0 0 0 0
                              • Thanks Lynn x

0 0 0 0 0 0
                              • A fabulous cover. I love it. Great title too. I'm so looking forward to reading the book. Congratulations, Laure.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                • Thanks Libby! 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                • Congratulations, Laure! This is an amazing cover! I am learning from you! 🙂

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                  • Thanks Alisa!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                  • This looks fab, Laure! Congrats. On my way to pre order. I cant wait to read it!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                    • Thanks Graham, I hope you enjoy it!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                    • This is fantastic L! You are an inspiration. That’s a really attention grabbing cover and blurb. I have a feeling it’s going to do really well. 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                      • Thanks Kate! The marketing team at my publisher have been amazing, and I'm learning my blurb my heart now for when people ask me what my book is about (no more waffling!)

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                      • So many congratulations, Laure. Your book looks great and the blurb has got me hooked already. Have added it to my 'Want to Read' list and am heading to Amazon to pre-order - roll on April! 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                        • Thanks Julia, I hope you enjoy it!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                        • Congratulations! This looks fabulous! 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                          • Thanks Polly!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                          • Fantastic cover - you must be very excited!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                            • Thanks Glyn! It's all been very overwhelming (in the best way)!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                            • Brilliant! How exciting! Can't wait to get a copy! 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                              • Thanks Rebecca!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                              • Congratulations, Laure. Really cool cover. Will mark it as "want to read" on Goodreads.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                • Thanks Janet! I hope all is going well with your book and your cover.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                • Well done Laure! It must be so exciting to see your baby growing up and taking its real-life shape at last. How are you finding this stage of the process?

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                  • Thanks Catherine! Until now things have processed slowly but that's just the nature of publishing. I'm lucky to have an incredibly supportive agent and editor. Friday was crazy and now there are people out in the world reading my book which I kind of forgot would happened at some stage. But today I'm sitting at home proof reading 360 pages so I'm firmly back on earth! 😂 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                  • Delighted for you, well done.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                    • Thanks Jeff!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                    • Added it as a 'Want to Read' on goodreads.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                      • So many congratulation to you, Laure. The cover looks the nuts. You must be over the moon.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                        • Thanks Jimmy! I'm absolutely ecstatic about it.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                        • Marked as 'want to read'!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                          • Thanks Cathy!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                          • Huge congratulations Laure. This is all very polished and enticing.  I am sure it will do well. Thank you for sharing your original blurb so we can see how that has crystallised and grown razor sharp - further inspiration for those, like me, still struggling with the task. I look forward to reading it.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                            • Thanks Angela! That original blurb took me months, fiddling with it on and off until I had something I was happy with. I also had the help of a great critique partner. Good luck with your blurb! 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                            • That's a terrifically distinctive cover. Love the hook line too!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                              • Thanks Chris!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                              • Looks fabulous. Im going to order. Well done honey.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                                • Thanks Debbie!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                                • Huge congratulations, Laure! Can't wait to read it x 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                                  • Thanks Emily! x

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                                  • This is great -- and very exciting! 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                                    • Thanks Sara!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                                    • Massive congratulations again, I love this cover and can't wait to read next year. The blurb sounds chilling! 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                                      • Thanks Sophie! I hope all is going well with book 2!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                                      • To those who work and study hard come the rewards. A great cover. Congratulation, Laure. All the best for future sales and I hope this is one of many for you.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                                        • Thanks Rob! 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                                        • Congratulations! Beautiful cover. 😍 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                                          • Thanks Frances!  

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                                          • Well done L, brilliant cover and intriguing premise I'll preorder it and can't wait to read it - well done you!!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                                            • Thanks Danny! 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                                            • This is gorgeous! Can't wait to read! Do let me know if you have any proofs! x

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                                              • Thanks Holly! Proofs should be ready next month and I’ll make sure you get one x 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                                              • A masterclass in how to do a cover and blurb. Amazing, huge congratulations.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                                                • Thanks! I was lucky to have one of my favourite book cover designers work on my cover.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                                                • What a stunning cover, Laure. That green just ZINGS. And if that blurb doesn't entice a reader to buy the book then nothing will. Great stuff. Congratulations. I'm so envious!! One question: why is there two different covers for the same book on Amazon?

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                                                  • Thanks Kathy! The other cover is for the US edition. My UK publisher only has rights for the UK & Commonwealth territories (exc. Canada), which means I have a different publisher for the US territories (inc. Canada). Publishers for different countries tend to have different covers to appeal to their local market. I hope that explains it!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                                                  • Congratulations! The cover is so eye-catching and the blurb enticing !

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                                                    • Thanks Nancy!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                                                    • Huge congratulations! Love the cover! 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                                                      • Thanks Lisa! 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                                                      • Wow! Congratulations. Brilliant colours and love what you did to the facial image. 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                                                        • Thanks Adele! Although all the credit for the cover goes to the graphic designer. 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                                                        • Huge congratulations, Laure. That really is a great cover and so lovely to hear how much YOU love it. Looking forward to hearing about the launch.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                                                          • My proofs have arrived, and it's finally real — I wrote a book! (It has my name on the spine)image_transcoder.php?o=bx_froala_image&h=548&dpx=2&t=1630701331image_transcoder.php?o=bx_froala_image&h=549&dpx=2&t=1630701346image_transcoder.php?o=bx_froala_image&h=550&dpx=2&t=1630701358

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                                                            • Truly stunning. The colours. The blurb. The taglines. Everything. Congratulations. It must feel wonderful. X 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                                                              • Excited for you! Congratulations!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                                                                • Thanks. Feels pretty surreal! x

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                                                                • Wow, it looks amazing! Congratulations!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                                                                  • 🥳🥳🎉🎉🍾🍾

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                                                                    • I was trying to figure out what that flier-like sheet on the edge of the top picture says…

I presume the last one is back cover or secondary promo. brilliant lines there.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                                                                      • Thanks Rick! Those are stickers my publisher made to use on envelopes to put the address on when sending the proofs to authors, reviewers and booksellers. It says “Are you ready to meet 2022 most f*cked up couple?”.

You are correct, there is a flap on the front cover and the 2nd picture is what you see when you lift it. The last picture is the back cover where they’ve used a quote from the prologue.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                                                                      • Oh wow that cover just leaps out at you. This is so amazing and I love the concept of the cover. I like how part of the blurb is hidden under the picture, and that blurb, WOW! 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                                                                        • Thanks Stephanie! My publisher’s marketing manager is a genius. I love the whole concept. 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                                                                        • It's fabulous. I love what they've done.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                                                                          • Thanks Libby! 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                                                                          • Chuffed for you.  👏 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                                                                            Not logged in users can't 'Comments Post'.
                                                                                                            •  · 63 friends
                                                                                                            46
                                                                                                            1
                                                                                                            1
                                                                                                            1
                                                                                                            1