Page Turner Awards

I can't recall who it was but someone on JW brought Page Turner Awards to my attention. If it was you, thank you so much. I went ahead and submitted. It turns out the first two novels in my 'Pyrate' series were just announced as finalists for the 2021 Writing Award -- Pyrate Rising, and Pyrate Assassin. I suspect others on JW my have submitted as well. If you have, I hope you were just as fortunate. I have no expectation of actually winning. This just gives me some assurance that I'm not actually wasting my time. Thanks again to the individual who posted about PTA in the first place.

q5zxd6eygcjurygdpyt7maikdmylsshn.jpg

0 0 0 0 0 0
Attachments
Replies (37)
    • Fabulous news, Reidr. Congratulations!🥳🥳

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Thanks Kate. Feeling lucky.

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Congratulations, Reidr! Not one but two novels longlisted, that's fantastic!

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • Thanks Julie. Yes, hard to believe. I was just thrilled when they mentioned my submissions scored well, even before they announced the finalists. Any recognition at all is a Godsend for an unpublished novelist like me.

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • Good news. Well done.

0 0 0 0 0 0
          • Thanks Georgina. A glass of scotch is on tonight's menu.There may be food too.

0 0 0 0 0 0
          • Fantastic, congratulations! x

0 0 0 0 0 0
            • Thanks L. It's a little wind under my wings.

0 0 0 0 0 0
            • Congratulations 

0 0 0 0 0 0
              • Thanks Caron. Felling happy.

0 0 0 0 0 0
              • That's wonderful, Reidr! Congratulations.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                • Thanks Janet. When I was in high school, my English teachers always gave me good marks. I honestly thought it was just because they liked me. Maybe they saw something I never did.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                • Congratulations that’s wonderful news! I also submitted some work after seeing a post about the awards on JW ‘competitions’ group. One of my children’s stories has made it to the finals!! I’m completely blown away and so delighted!! It’s nice to know that whatever I’ve been doing must be at least half right! Good luck for the next stage and your your writing aspirations 🙌🏻🙌🏻

0 0 0 0 0 0
                  • Wow! Congratulations to you as well. What a feeling(s), right? Surprise, relief, gratefulness, belonging (as in, someone else likes my writing!) Best wishes on your children's book, and beyond. Cheers!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                  • That's great news, Reidr! Many congratulations. 🙌 

Congratulations also to Gillian. Being a finalist is brilliant.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                    • Thanks Libby. Much appreciated. I finally feel like I actually belong in JW.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                    • Well done! What an achievment! )I have entered mine for four comps and got nothing :( so it's excellent news!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                      • Thanks Helen. It's a real wild card, right? This is the only competition I've ever entered. I had absolutely no expectations. I just hoped to get a little visibility. 

Good luck in your next competition! Just don't ask me what the formula is, because I have no idea.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                      • Huge congratulations, Reidr!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                        • Now I am curious to read your books. 🙂

0 0 0 0 0 0
                          • My Facebook page ('Reid Linney') has been blowing up. Can't believe the support I've been getting. One guy even crafted an amazing draft book cover! Now I feel the pressure to publish asap. Easier said than done.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                            • Please, do not forget to let me know when and where I can read your books. 🙂

0 0 0 0 0 0
                            • Congratulations, Reidr; well done! And congratulations to Gillian as well!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                              • Thanks Steve. And yes, kudos to Gillian.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                • Congratulations!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                  • Reidr, congratulations on a massive achievement!  

I hope you are making a sustained charge on the scotch. A prolonged celebration is in order. 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                    • Definitely making a dent on The Glenrothes.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                    • Many congratulations! Yep, I'm a Page Turner finalist too - my first ever competition (outside of Jericho Writers) where I'm a finalist! I also don't expect to get any further - i'm not sure commercial thrillers can be pit against something like book club fiction successfully. But it's fantastic to make it to this stage. Congratulations again and good luck!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                      • Love that cover and love the spelling!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                        • We'll modify the cover a little but it's a great start. I'm so glad someone with a passion for pirates and great art skills surfaced. 

The first-ever book on the history of pirates was published in 1724 under the title "A General History of the Pyrates". So real pirate fans tend to be fond of the original spelling.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                          • Fantastic!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                          • Fantastic! Well done Reidr. Great stuff.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                            • Thanks Jimmy. Feeling lucky.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                            • So good to read such encouraging news! Well done Reidr and congrats also to Gillian. Keeping fingers crossed for you both. 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                              • Three of us from JW that I know of so far...including Jackie K.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                              Not logged in users can't 'Comments Post'.
                                              •  · 9 friends