Hi! I'm new, be gentle

Hi! My name is Phil and I'm trying to be a writer.

I've joined this community because, like all writers, I can't improve without feedback. It's quite hard to find willing test readers who give it! I'll be linking to my novel-in-progress in the peer-to-peer section soon, which I'm sure will be scary at first. If you find yourself hankering after a crime thriller with added superheroes, it might be right up your street.

It's exciting to be here!

2 0 0 0 0 0
Replies (9)
    • Hi Phil. Crime thriller with super heroes sounds like fun.

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Hello Phil. Welcome. You'll find Townhouse people really helpful and many, like you - me included, who are trying to be writers. Lots of help and advice available and offered generously.

I see you've posted on Coffee and Cake. Another good place to connect with a wider range of writers would be The Lounge and, if you've got super heroes, try joining Sci Fi and Fantasy too.

Looking forward to reading your WIP submissions to peer-to-peer.

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • Welcome to the meat-grinder! Just kidding. We'll be gentle. I promise. 😂 

0 0 0 0 0 0
          • Speak for yourself, Ryan. No hope of gentle here, Phil. I hoped for the same when I joined, but they ripped my back teeth out.😎 Naaaaa! Welcome and start building your thick skin. 😈 

0 0 0 0 0 0
            • Welcome to the community, Phil! Feel free to message or email me on community@jerichowriters.com if you have any questions :) 

0 0 0 0 0 0
              • Hi, Phil! Welcome! I write fantasy too. 🙂

0 0 0 0 0 0
                • Hi Phil,

Weilcome to this community, where you'll probably find quite a few readers willing & able to comment on your work. As far as those remarks about the meat grinder & thick skin, that's just a sign of the wicked humour on this site, nothing more.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                  • Welcome Phil. I like the sound of your book! What fun! :)

0 0 0 0 0 0
                    • Hello to you all. I'm not here for the pats on the back, although I will receive them gratefully. I'm here for the savagery.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                      Not logged in users can't 'Comments Post'.
                      •  · 2 friends