Handshakes

Hi All. Nice to be here. My name is Jean. I'm from the Caribbean but resident in London. I'm working on a novel that has elements of history and magic realism. Editing is a nightmare and I am hoping for advice.  

0 0 0 0 0 0
Replies (9)
    • Welcome, Jean.  Your novel sounds fascinating, with that mix of elements.  Good luck with it.  Yes, editing is a bit of a nightmare but you can rely on good advice on Townhouse - and, of course, from the video courses.

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Blakeney - Many thanks. How can I access Townhouse?

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • HI Jean - history and magical realism combo is my cup of tea. I hope we get to see some of it.

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • Me too, Welcome Jean.😀 

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • Mention the word magic, and I'm interested.

Hello Jean. You'll find many helpful people here to advise you. Harry Bingham did a quite brutal editing job on a volunteer's piece of work on a JW webinar earlier this year. Worth watching.

Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

0 0 0 0 0 0
          • Carol Deer - Thanks for friending me. I'm slowly finding my way round this site - where can I look for the webinar by HB that you mention?

0 0 0 0 0 0
            • Go to your Jericho page (where you sign in) and click on Events Listings. You'll need to scroll down quite a way it was on July 6th this year. It's interesting because he explains his thinking as he does the editing on screen. Made me think.

0 0 0 0 0 0
            • Welcome to the community, Jean!

0 0 0 0 0 0
              • Hi Jean! Welcome! The idea for your novel sounds interesting.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                Not logged in users can't 'Comments Post'.
                •  · 1 friends