Live Dialogue Critique for Children's and YA authors

Calling Children's and YA authors! I have an exciting opportunity for the members among you. On Saturday we're hosting an event on writing direct speech in children's books where you can have the opportunity to have your dialogue workshopped live! Here is some more information:

It's ok to write ‘said’ – it’s what they actually say that’s important. Explore how to bring children’s book characters and scenes to life with authentic, engaging and entertaining dialogue with author Zoe Antoniades.

Workshop scenes from Zoe’s twintastic series Cally & Jimmy as well as having the opportunity to develop your own. In advance of the workshop, participants are invited to submit a sample of work (some of which might be shared during the session). Write a scene between two characters where a problem or conflict occurs and they try to solve it.

During the workshop, Zoe will share and unpack some of her own examples from funny fiction for children, but participants’ submissions can be for any children’s genre of their choice – adventure, fantasy, ghost story, sci-fi, crime, superhero, spy story… email her at zoe@invinciblevoices.org

So, what are you waiting for? Even if you can't watch the event live, you can watch it on catch up and see what this award-winning author would suggest to make your work pitch perfect!

Anna xx

0 0 0 0 0 0
Replies (1)
    • Is there actually a difference between writing dialogue in childrens/YA books and writing dialogue in adult novels? I mean other than swearing less, and making sure that your 10-year-old character doesn't speak like a middle-aged man. (Unless the 10-year-old in question is me as a kid, in which case that would be entirely appropriate.)

0 0 0 0 0 0
      Not logged in users can't 'Comments Post'.