Post-Christmas Writing Inspiration

Hi everyone, 

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas! I wanted to ask whether anyone gained any writing inspiration over the holidays, or perhaps more insight for 2022 goals... let me know below! 

0 0 0 0 0 0
Replies (3)
    • Hi Emily, despite not plotting my books out, I have a plan for writing. I rewrote my second book during NaNoWriMo, so this needs a look over and edit, and just making the words flow better and adding descriptions. I write fast without editing as I go or I get too confused. Inspiration is all around me. On here, on Twitter. I have an idea for book three, and my group of fellow debut writers who have books out this year, well they have truly inspired me, as well as the great courses on here It's just finding the time to write!! 

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Yes, I gained some insight. I was reading a newsletter (not writing related) and the sender said she had become more productive by setting a target of doing just 10 minutes of something daily. This struck me as a really good approach, the 10 minutes doesn't feel overwhelming, it's not hard to find 10 minutes but I know that most days I will carry on and do more. When I set a daily goal that's a stretch I soon end up missing a day and feeling like I've failed. So that's my goal for 2022, 10 minutes daily working on my novel.

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • Thanks Emily, Happy New Year to you. I'm like Janet, during the festivities I started marking out my time for specific tasks and setting a reminder on my phone for each - not just writing, life stuff too. I'm aiming to fill bigger blocks than 10 minutes but am not sweating when I'm reading in a writing block etc. As long as I'm not playing spider solitaire that's a win. Plus I set up a tasks app on my laptop and am trying to assign sensible goals to each task/sub-task. Each morning when I see things crossed off I get a good feeling (am aiming for positive rather than negative reinforcement). Banish guilt and try to do a bit each day, however small, are this year's writing resolutions, plus the ongoing get something published, of course. Two weeks in, I'm finding it's working OK and I ought to be able to keep it up.

0 0 0 0 0 0
          Not logged in users can't 'Comments Post'.