Short story selected

Just been told that my short story Olive has been selected for Cafe Lit online magazine! going out on 18th May at 4pm https://www.cafelitmagazine.uk/ .They are well worth checking out if you have the kind of short story that wants to be read in a cafe!

The image is a still from a short film I made of the story. The film was recently picked for a local festival - clearly the stars are aligned for Olive! image_transcoder.php?o=bx_froala_image&h=712&dpx=1&t=1652350079

0 0 0 0 0 0
Replies (12)
    • Congratulations! I'm looking forward to reading it!

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Brilliant, congratulations. I’ll try Cafe Lit. I’m forever entering shorts and getting nowhere 😂

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • Tell me about it! this is the first acceptance for years. Trouble is my stories are too long for most of the more populist publications, and not literary enough - they concentrate on the yarn over language and slow revelation of a character's subtle inner life - for the (mainly American) literary mags.

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • Yaldi dude! Yaldi! Well done 😀 < look it's a grin.. I'm also "whooping" and mentally patting you on the back.

0 0 0 0 0 0
          • Thank you!

0 0 0 0 0 0
          • Brilliant, Glyn! I look forward to reading it. 

0 0 0 0 0 0
            • Thank you!

0 0 0 0 0 0
              • That's great news Glyn! Congratulations!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                • Congratulations, Glyn! I'll read it too. The film looks intriguing as well.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                  • I loved this! Right down to the names of the characters. The details are original and very telling, and the writing has a light touch of irony, yet the story is compassionate. Very well done. Is there any way of seeing the film on-line?

0 0 0 0 0 0
                    • Very nice of you to say, Janet - thanks. You should be able to watch the film at https://vimeo.com/224048012

I've made a silightly longer version, but I'm at my storage limit on vimeo so I can't post it! Thre's not much difference, but it feels a bit less cramped than this, which was done for a 1.5-minute film contest. It's amazing how much story you can get into 90 seconds when you just use visuals.

If you're keen, you can find some other films I've done. If they don't appear next to Olive, it's easiest to watch via my website https://www.storiesintolight.co.uk/short-films (check the volume slider next to the Setting icon is fully up - it defaults to off). There's some other stuff there for your entertainment, too

0 0 0 0 0 0
                    • Well done, Glynn. Great news.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                      Not logged in users can't 'Comments Post'.
                      •  · 39 friends