Quick tips for using this community

Welcome to the Jericho Writers Community, we hope you’ll really enjoy your time here. In case you’re feeling a little overwhelmed, here are some tips for getting started. 

Your profile

Fill in your profile and add a picture so other community members can get to know you. To edit your profile, click on your name in the top right corner of the screen. From there choose ‘Profile’. You can then add a cover (a photo along the top of the profile page) or click onto the round photo to add or change your picture. 

To see all the activity from around the community, click on your name in the top right corner of the screen and then choose ‘Dash’. This is also a handy way to see what your friends have been up to once you have made some connections. 

Taking part in the community

Near the top of the page, you should see a menu with links to the main areas of the community. Let’s get to know the most popular sections.

• Forums
    To join in with conversations or start your own, click Forums. You can see the latest posts across all the different forums on the left. On the right, you can see all the forum categories. Choose the one that most appeals and click to have a look.
  • Blog
    The blog is where you can read posts from Jericho Writers staff and other community members. To add your own blog post, click ‘Add’.
  • Groups
    Come and find your tribe. We have groups for lots of different interests and if you can’t find a group that interests you, why not click ‘Add’ and start your own?
  • Events
    Here you can find community events such as webchats and webinars.

Making friends

If you enjoy someone’s posts and want to connect with them, simply click on their name and choose ‘Add friend’ from near the top of the page. 

For a full guide to using all aspects of the community, read ‘How to use your community’  and if you have any questions, email community manager Holly on holly@jerichowriters.com..  

1 0 0 0 0 0
Replies (9)
  • well I hope someone reads my stories and can comment on them

happy confinement!

0 0 0 0 0 0
    • Hi Paul, welcome to the community! I see that you've uploaded some files to your profile, which is great. It might be worth visiting the 'Peer to peer critiques' forum (https://community.jerichowriters.com/page/discussions-category?category=1) and posting on there as people are often willing to give feedback. 

Best wishes,

Holly 

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Paul hope your writing is going well. What sort of stories do you write?

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Hi Everyone total new to this way of doing things...Technophobe! But cannot wait to be a part of the community. I am a novice creative writer moving away from years of academic writing. Just want to be amongst creative writers and share writing, feedback and motivation.

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • Hi Rose and welcome to Jericho! You couldn't find a friendly, more helpful group of writers so you're in the right place here. The feedback and guidance is just amazing 😊.

What's your academic discipline and what's your fiction genre? I studied history and art history and though I write a lot of speculative fiction, it often has a historical slant (bit of time travel/period setting) so the two have gone together nicely. 

Enjoy

0 0 0 0 0 0
          • Hi Lynn

When I was lecturing my subject areas were varied over the years: Social Sciences. But that was years ago. Moved into education for PhD achieved 4 years ago in my 50s!!  Your genre sounds interesting. I am still finding mine. The move from academic writing to creative writing is an interesting one. I posted my first short story on the FL Creative writing course recently and it was suggested the story was dipping into the world of horror! That surprised me. Tweaking it at moment and will pluck up courage to post on JW. Happy to read your work at some point.

0 0 0 0 0 0
          • Hi Rose. I am an utter technophobe but I am managing to find my way around here and people are all being lovely. It is a fantastic community to be part of. I occasionally swear at my computer when trying to upload things here but not nearly as much as I swear at my computer at work! It is all pretty user friendly here.😁 

0 0 0 0 0 0
            • Hi kate you are making feel a bit more relaxed, thanks. Yes I am looking forward to being more involved in the community once I find my technofeet!!

0 0 0 0 0 0
            • Thanks to all who wrote a note for me. I am finding my feet slowly on saying that I found these messages by chance!! Thought they would show up in my own messages...confused but persevering.

0 0 0 0 0 0
              Not logged in users can't 'Comments Post'.
              •  · 747 friends