Website links to Mailchimp, Bookfunnel etc

I've studiously watched the whole of Harry Bingham's Self-Publishing video course and got a domain on Wordpress to start a website and got an email address with Gsuite. My MS has been assessed by an excellent Jericho editor; I have a reader magnet ready...  I understand that the hyperlink from my reader magnet will direct them to my landing page but how do I connect my landing page to Mailchimp, Bookfunnel and Prolific? Do I administer my mailing list through Mailchimp or my website or even through Outlook? Advice welcome.

0 0 0 0 0 0
Replies (3)
  • Mailchimp (or Mailerlite - possibly even better these days) will hold and manage your mailing list for you. And, depending on yoru tech skills and what your WordPress theme is, it should be quite easy to hook your landing page (email collection form) up to your mailing list service. But if in doubt, pay someone to do this. It's not a big job, but it is an important one.

Oh, and your landing page doesn't need to talk to Bookfunnel at all. Your landing page collects an email and pings it over to Mailchimp.

Mailchimps pings out an automated welcome email that says, "hello lovely human, here's that lovely free ebook you wanted: bookfunnel.com/my-lovely-story/ - go to that link and download your story."

0 0 0 0 0 0
    • I'm expecting the copy-edited version of my second novel (a sequel to the first) to turn up in my inbox anytime this morning. I've therefore suspended the writing of Novel No. 3 and I'm currently trawling Townhouse for advice on self-publishing. I've previously studied the JW self-publishing course and written a publishing/marketing plan based on the advice therein; the plan includes publishing with Matador (which I did for Novel No. 1) and following the lines described by Stuart. Although it's vital to get the marketing right, I'm keen to sub-let the tasks of designing and building a website, setting up mailerlite, bookfunnel etc. so that I can get back to writing my latest novel. Can anyone recommend a reputable company that isn't going to charge me through the nose? (Although Matador offers various eBook marketing packages, they don't include website design.) 

0 0 0 0 0 0
    • Many thanks for the response, Harry.

0 0 0 0 0 0
      Not logged in users can't 'Comments Post'.
      •  · 1 friends