Hi from a new member

Hi all

I just joined today! Hoorah! Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a former current affairs journalist, currently a house husband (my wife's an NHS hospital doctor). I've been writing for a while and have had some near misses with agents, have almost secured an agent on a couple of occassions, but have never quite crossed the line. I have three different manuscripts in various states of readiness. I joined because as well as wanting to be part of a writing community, I feel that my creative writing needs more polish to finally snag an agent or publisher. I'm hoping that with the resources that a Jericho membership offers, plus the community of writers I'll be a part of, I just might finally achieve my dreams.

I write crime/thriller/speculative fiction.

I look forward to speaking with you all, getting to know you, exchanging work, etc.

EDITED: I should also say that I review books on my blog (http://thecrimenovelreader.blogspot.com) & post my reviews to Amazon, Goodreads & NB Magazine. Also, I'm on Twitter  (@theJBP1) where I talk about books and writing & connect with writers & readers.

James

0 0 0 0 0 0
Replies (16)
  • Welcome. Yes its great to feel a part of a writing community. Good luck.

0 0 0 0 0 0
    • Thanks Lee, great to meet you!

0 0 0 0 0 0
    • Welcome James, its great to be among other crazy people ...

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Welcome to the community James, lovely to have you here! 

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • Thanks Holly, much appreciated!

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • Hey James, good name by the way (name of my grandad, son and my own middle name)

This is a great community with members willing to offer a lot of time and effort in critiquing. I look forward to seeing some of your input.

0 0 0 0 0 0
          • Hi Ben, thanks, good to meet you too. I look forward to taking part. Glad you like my name, btw. Ben's a great name too. My best man was called ben and now he's started his own food business, Peckham Smoker, making the tastiest hot sauce.  

0 0 0 0 0 0
            • I found some pickled onions with the name Bum Hummers, don't know what that has to do with Ben though.

0 0 0 0 0 0
            • Hi James, I'm not quite a member yet, but I've been on the site looking, reading and chatting to members and it's really good.  Wish you all the best.  Everyone is really lovely and helpful :)

0 0 0 0 0 0
              • Hey Donna! Great to meet you. Yes, this is a great community. 

0 0 0 0 0 0
              • Welcome James! Sounds like you're so close to being signed - good for you. Hopefully being part of Jericho will give you the little polish you need to get an agent. Nice to see you

0 0 0 0 0 0
                • Thanks Lynn. I hope so. Good luck with your writing too!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                • Hi James!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                  • Hi Jon, Great to meet you all!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                  • Hi James, please to meet you. Oh this really is a wonderful community, a great place to polish one's skills and build confidence as a writer. 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                    • Hi Stephanie, pleased to meet you too. I look forward to taking part!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                    Not logged in users can't 'Comments Post'.
                    •  · 3 friends