Hi and what are your writing snacks?

Hi there! I joined Jericho Writers a while back, but just joined Townhouse. The genre I love writing in is fantasy. I'm still unpublished, but I sure hope that changes soon. 

Out of curiosity, what are your favorite writing snacks? Are you a tea and cookies person or a coffee and cake person?

I'm an English Breakfast and cake person when I write. 

0 0 0 0 0 0
Replies (20)
  • Hi Stephanie, A bit cliche but lots of coffee. Oh and beef Space Raiders strangely enough. 

0 0 0 0 0 0
    • Hi A.R. Fines. Please to meet you. Oh I don't think lots of coffee is cliched at all. I thought I was being cliched with the tea and cake. But, wow, Beef Space Raiders? That's an interesting snack. 

0 0 0 0 0 0
    • I know, I think it's because it reminds me of being nine years old! Who doesn't love tea and cake?

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • I am also a coffee person.

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • Ooh another coffee person. Hello, pleased to meet you!

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • You are now in contact with a devotee of all things cake and biscuits. I like them all, though carrot cake is narrowly my favourite, but sometimes edged out by chocolate cake. I'm quite fond lemon drizzle and a hefty fruit cake. As for biscuits, I have to come down in favour jammy dodgers and fig rolls, although chocolate digestives run them close. As for beverage, I mug of Yorkshire tea goes down a treat. I do like coffee, but unfortunately for health regions I can no longer partake.

0 0 0 0 0 0
          • Hi Keith, ah finally a fellow devotee of cake. Ooh I have to agree with you on the fruitcake. I usually make two flavors for Christmas and nibbling on those little slices with a mug of Earl Grey is the best thing ever! I also love a slice of good Butter Cake or a well-made slice of chocolate cake. Now who can resist a slice of moist, rich chocolate cake.

Hmm never had Jammy Dodgers or fig rolls, but it terms of biscuits, here we have what's called Kuih Bangkit. They are small white biscuits made out of corn flour and coconut milk. Delicious things that just melt in your mouth. Oh, but I do also love munching on Danish butter cookies while I write. 

0 0 0 0 0 0
            • Hi Stephanie. I forgot walnut coffee cake and what about banana cake? Christmas cake?

I think that if you have a heart attack, the ambulance, beside all the equipment needed to keep you alive enroute to the hospital, should also carry a selection of cake!

0 0 0 0 0 0
              • 😂 LOL! Keith, that's hilarious! But I have to agree with you. The ambulance should carry a selection of cake because I think I'm a 'revive with cake' person.

0 0 0 0 0 0
              • You are now in contact with a devotee of all things cake and biscuits. I like them all, though carrot cake is narrowly my favourite, but sometimes edged out by chocolate cake. I'm quite fond lemon drizzle and a hefty fruit cake. As for biscuits, I have to come down in favour jammy dodgers and fig rolls, although chocolate digestives run them close. As for beverage, I mug of Yorkshire tea goes down a treat. I do like coffee, but unfortunately for health regions I can no longer partake.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                • Either tea with chocolate biscuits or water with cashew nuts

0 0 0 0 0 0
                  • Hi MK Sutar! I remember seeing you on Harry's Elavator Pitch Webinar. So glad to meet another tea lover.

Oh yum, cashew nuts! Okay, you're a healthy snack guy.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                    • I alternate. Sensible snacks are a means to naughty ends...like chocolate biscuits

0 0 0 0 0 0
                    • Coffee, coffee, coffee (my espresso machine is a vital part of any creative endeavour!). Tunnock's caramel wafers. Dried dates. In the evenings... cheese. :)

0 0 0 0 0 0
                      • Hi Jon, pleased to meet you. Aha, another to the coffee side. Oooh, but those caramel wafers sound very interesting. 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                        • They are, indeed, the food of the gods. http://www.tunnock.co.uk/products/caramel-wafer/. :)

0 0 0 0 0 0
                          • (Clicks the link and peruse the delicious descriptions)

Five layers of wafers... and four layers of caramel...

Okay, I'm having some serious snack envy here.

Jon, you lucky devil you for having such yummy writing snacks! Hahaha, thank you so much for sharing.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                          • Tea all the way... Accompaniments vary - from buttermilk rusks to Jelly Tots.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                            • Oh Tracy, you are my kind of lady  

0 0 0 0 0 0
                            • Hi Stephanie,

Definitely coffee, especially when accompanied with a cherry scone and I can sit in the corner of my local café and write at the same time. Sadly not at the moment. Roll on the end of  lockdown.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                              Not logged in users can't 'Comments Post'.