A salute to authors for their writing critique on Townhouse

Hi all,

I posted the first chapter of my crime thriller novel for critique in an earlier post -- and found the feedback from fellow authors fantastic.

People left detailed comments and even bothered to rewrite some scenes to show me, rather than tell me, their suggestions.

I tried writer groups in the past - online and offline - and found them largely a monumental waste of time.

But this platform is different - you're all here (of widely different experience) for the same thing: to improve your writing.

I love it and expect to be knocking around here for a long time.

Jeff

0 0 0 0 0 0
Replies (4)
  • Hi Jeff,

I completely agree! Townhouse is full of people willing to give their time freely without anything expected in return. I too have been on the receiving end of excellent feedback and I've been trying to pay it forward ever since even though I have limited experience as a writer. Thank you Townhouse!

0 0 0 0 0 0
    • I fully agree. I have received excellent advice. I have zilch experience as an author and was a bit worried about posting my own stuff when I don't have anything particularly insightful to say about other people's stuff. However I have found that everyone here is open and friendly whatever stage of their writing journey they are at. The only issue now is that I get sucked into reading so many interesting threads I suddenly realise I've wasted a whole chunk of writing time!!

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • I concur... 

I'm a recent joiner and have already received a critique that has resulted in a first chapter re-write. And this from someone who, I'm guessing, considers themselves ill-equipped to comment. 

I will say only this... 

I'm grateful beyond words... 

Genuinely humbled... and that is a wonderful thing, to be sure!!! 

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • I concur... 

I'm a recent joiner and have already received a critique that has resulted in a first chapter re-write. And this from someone who, I'm guessing, considers themselves ill-equipped to comment. 

I will say only this... 

I'm grateful beyond words... 

Genuinely humbled... and that is a wonderful thing, to be sure!!! 

0 0 0 0 0 0
          Not logged in users can't 'Comments Post'.
          •  · 9 friends