Let's Connect on Social Media!

Who wants to hook up on Twitter/Instagram/Facebook/etc.? I write science fiction - twitter handle is @TEJmurray; instagram is the_ejmurray; Facebook is EJMurrayBooks; Pinterest is velyrhorde ... Let's get together!

0 0 0 0 0 0
Replies (53)
  • Are there enough hours in the day for all that, after you do your writing?

0 0 0 0 0 0
    • This is how I want to approach it, spend a set amount of time and not get sucked in.

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • And that only takes you twenty minutes? I'd be all morning since I am technologically inept

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • LOL ... you get a little routine going and then it's way easier!

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • And don't forget the time on here, too.

0 0 0 0 0 0
          • This is the best way to spend time though ;)

0 0 0 0 0 0
          • Here at least I get to meet a tribe of interesting, knowledgeable and helpful people. Time well spent.

0 0 0 0 0 0
            • Agree!! But it is a learning process, I would even go as far to say an empowering process

0 0 0 0 0 0
              • Agree!! But it is a learning process, I would even go as far to say an empowering process

0 0 0 0 0 0
                • Social media can be useful for spotting competitions and open calls, hearing about what agents are looking for and seeing new releases. Can help make you feel connected to other writers too, as long as you don’t get sucked in too much.

Not all bad. I followed you on Twitter Velyr.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                  • I agree with Kate social media, especially Twitter is a great place to hear about competitions, follow literary magazine and read short stories. There's a great writing community on Twitter, I found people really supportive and approachable.

I've started following you on Twitter & Instagram Velyr.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                    • I've started following you on Twitter, Velyr. My own handle is @HJCompton

0 0 0 0 0 0
                      • Hi,

I have followed you velyrhorde on Twitter, FB and Instagram. 

I can be found as Alisa Costin everywhere: @AlisaCostin for Twitter, alisa.costin for Instagram and Alisa Costin on FB. But I spent very little time on social media.

I was thinking on taking a pen name too, but have not decided on any name yet.

• 2 friends 
                        0 0 0 0 0 0
                        • Just look at your list of followers. I used the same picture on here as on Twitter and Insta.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                          • Thank you! Found and followed. :)

0 0 0 0 0 0
                            • Thank you! Found and followed. :)

0 0 0 0 0 0
                            • Great idea! Twitter is super useful for writing inspiration, advice and pitching (Anyone here tried btw?). My handle is @karm3ns33ta on Twitter and karmenseeta on Instagram.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                              • Started following you on both.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                • Followed :)

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                • Hi EJ, Alisa and Karmen.This is great idea to support one another. I've added you to my social media.If anyone is kind enough to follow back, I am found at: 

Insta:paulbraddon

Facebook:paulbraddonauthor

Twitter:@PaulBraddon.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                  • I've also followed. I'm @_Charl1eBrown_ on Twitter.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                    • Hi, I'm trying to get to grips with Twitter, have followed you and will follow others as I find/see their Twitter IDs. Mine is @see_susanna. This and other things may change as I get to grips with author branding and social media...

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                      • Susanna feel free to DM me on Twitter if you have any questions about author branding or social media. I've done a couple of lectures at our local writing conference about that exact topic!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                      • What confuses me about Facebook is how the personal and author pages work. I have an author page and some of my friends have 'liked' it. Does this mean that only the people who have 'liked' it get alerted to what I post on it?

Also I'm confused about notifications. When I or friends post, what determines whether I or they are notified by email?

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                        • What confuses me about Facebook is how the personal and author pages work. I have an author page and some of my friends have 'liked' it. Does this mean that only the people who have 'liked' it get alerted to what I post on it?

Also I'm confused about notifications. When I or friends post, what determines whether I or they are notified by email?

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                          • Thanks V, that's useful on the distinctions but just to clarify one point, if a friend from my personal page 'likes' my author page they are in effect 'following' it and get alerted to posts like any external follower does and if they don't, chances are they won't see what is being posted there?

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                            • Exactly! Followers see your author posts just like your friends see your personal stuff.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                              • Thanks gradually getting the hang of it!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                              • The highlights of my first week building a social media platform on Twitter - two likes from David Nicholls - one of my favourite authors. I'm happy. If anyone wants to follow me, I'm @GillFernandez1 and  I promise I will follow you back. :)

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                • And I am now following you. :)

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                  • Hi Gill, now following too 

Paul

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                    • I have followed you Gillian!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                    • Hello: my twitter handle is: @KleinLantern

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                      • Following you Harrison!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                        • and me!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                        • Hi everyone, echoing the above, have found so much on Twitter, including Jericho Writers!  I am @markland_jane (City Writer), will follow everyone back. 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                          • My Twitter handle is @l_silverlock

On Instagram I am @lsilverlock

I think I follow a few of you already, but will scoop up more of you now! 😄 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                            • Hiya all,

I've followed everyone on this thread (I think).

On Twitter, I'm at @TajFregene  

On Instagram, the handle is the same: @TajFregene   

0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                              Not logged in users can't 'Comments Post'.
                                                              •  · 12 friends