... Being a Big Brave Introvert

About a thousand years ago I was a new mom staying up all night working on screenplays and blog posts and finding my first ever peer-review writer's community. It was a powerful place that offered me a lot and a millennium is too long to go without one. Recently, I have been writing more novel-like prose fiction, working on a new website that's still finding its purpose(s), and snagging myself on the edges of writerly solitude a bit more than I would like. Thus, I am being a big, brave introvert who did a bit of research and landed here. Obviously, I am still getting my legs under me, finding my way around, but I hope to be more active (i.e. helpful and participatory) shortly! 

0 0 0 0 0 0
Replies (10)
    • Welcome, Sulya, from another dedicated and life-long introvert! I think you'll find this a very warm and friendly community, who'll provide just the right amount of support and cameraderie. I know I have. 🙂

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Morning (in my neck of the woods), Jon, thank you for this kind welcome. Much appreciated. Warmth, support, camaraderie - it all sounds like a lovely antidote to the occasional (sometimes frequent) struggles of going it alone." In face-to-face situations, I have long described myself as a "false positive extrovert." Lately, though, I've found solace and strength in naming my introversion exactly what it is :) 

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Welcome to the club! You are in good company. Plenty of introverts here, with some extroverts that defend their "alone time" fiercely: that's me. We are an interesting mixed bunch with tons of ideas and experiences between us, ready to generously share.

I've nicked these from Harry, but don't tell him (he's the boss).

Enjoy...

image_transcoder.php?o=bx_froala_image&h=170&dpx=2&t=1595238058

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • Morning D.M. -- Thank you for welcoming me! "Tons of ideas and experiences" and "generously share" sounds like a truly solid mix and I will do my best to offer what I can into it. The macarons are beautiful! And, people who steal cookies tend to be of the best sort. Fact.

0 0 0 0 0 0
          • I only stole Harry's macaroons because he stole one of my best mataphors. Tit for tat 😈 😁 💥 

I normaly don't do this kind of thing... Honestly!

0 0 0 0 0 0
            • This seems entirely reasonable to me. And, I believe we can forgo the language of "theft" altogether, if you wish, and call it TRADE. 😊 

0 0 0 0 0 0
            • Welcome Sulya, the group is really supportive and helpful and I look forward to seeing some of your writing!

0 0 0 0 0 0
              • Morning Barbara! Thank you for taking a moment to say welcome. I'm still at the phase on the site where I am accidentally liking my own post and then learning you can't take it back 😂 ... I am also, to put it mildly, TERRIFIED of sharing my writing again. Real baring of soft underbelly stuff even after all these years. But, I am familiarizing myself with things around here, and doing some reading and reviewing, and then I will find my courage and put some words in the world!

0 0 0 0 0 0
              • Nice to meet you, Sulya! :)

I am rather new here too. People in TH are amazing!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                • Morning Alisa! Nice to meet you too! People have, indeed, thus far been very kind and gracious and warm. Safe spaces to play and make are so important! And thank you for saying "hi." 😊 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                  Not logged in users can't 'Comments Post'.
                  •  · 5 friends