What Happens After You Get An Agent

Hi, As part of a series about the path to publication, I've written a new blog post about what happens after signing with an agent, and I thought the information might be useful to share here.

https://www.laurevanrensburg.com/blog-1/what-happens-after-you-get-an-agent

1 0 0 0 0 0
Replies (13)
  • Your blogs are really helpful. It all sounds very daunting but a bit less so if we know what to expect. Now just need to write the book!

0 0 0 0 0 0
    • I'm so glad you've found it helpful!

0 0 0 0 0 0
    • This was really helpful, thanks Laure. A way off all of that - if I ever get there - but it's good to know the prices anyway

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Thanks! I think once of the most important thing is perseverance. In publishing most "overnight success" stories I've listened to are actually years in the making.

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • Yep, I'm sure you're right. Just wondering which project to persevere with at the moment. Brilliant post

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • Very interesting, thank you for sharing your experience with us.

0 0 0 0 0 0
          • Oh this is wonderful news 😄  Thanks for sharing 

0 0 0 0 0 0
            • Wonderfully clear, useful and matter-of-fact post, Laure. Thank you. I shall bookmark it for that dimly glimpsed possible future when my book might actually be 'finished'. 😣 

I absolutely LOVE the sound of 'The Downfall' too... 'The truth will set you free they say. They're wrong...' is a brilliant last line of the blurb! Hooked instantly! 😁 

0 0 0 0 0 0
              • Thanks Jon! That quote is actually the opening of the prologue (yes, it has a prologue!) I'm doing my first reading on Wednesday at a live online event if you want to hear more.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                • Thanks Julie. It called Noir at the Bar and it takes place on Wednesday  at 19:30. If you use the following link to register now then on Saturday they will send you an email confirming all the speakers and you can RSVP. It's free to attend.

https://mailchi.mp/fbdd1aae09c9/noiratthebarsignupform?fbclid=IwAR1ybRjcsyXnaxCD5Xvt8u9rzOIlEnHH6hNz

0 0 0 0 0 0
                  • Great, I'm in!😍

0 0 0 0 0 0
                    • I'll definitely try and make it too!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                    Not logged in users can't 'Comments Post'.
                    •  · 41 friends