Anyone in Townhouse planning to do NaNoWriMo?

I'm planning to polish off half a novel in November. Anyone else brave enough to rise to the challenge? :)

https://nanowrimo.org/

0 0 0 0 0 0
Replies (6)
  • I'm hoping to actually reach 50k this nano. Most I've ever gotten has been 25k haha

0 0 0 0 0 0
    • To my mind 25k is still pretty amazing! What are you writing?

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Fantasy where magic is a disease. A very long going project of mine (hilariously enough, I think my last two nano's were the same story just with different POV's that eventually got scratched out). What are you working on for nano?

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Of course, I do it every year, maybe it's because I belong to a great group here in Norfolk, where we have an amazing community who used to meet locally and we have a FB group too. I sometimes write new stuff or go over new scenes for a WIP. This year I'll be going through a re-write on my original and first novel, which I approach with trepidation.....

It's great fun, and if you manage the 50K there are discounts on things like Scrivener and other writing programmes. 50K does sound a lot but it is possible, I have a full time job and have just about managed it with support!  Good luck everyone.  

0 0 0 0 0 0
        •  I was a bit scared by the 50,000 target, so I broke it down and it's only 1,667 words a day. It might be rubbish, but I can write 2,000 words in a day, so it's actually doable. 

0 0 0 0 0 0
          • Did you all succeed? I 'Won' although it was a bit of a struggle because, although my daily word count was high, I had two major plot crises along the way. I could't go on without sorting them out! The process of working to a strict deadline was fascinating.

0 0 0 0 0 0
            Not logged in users can't 'Comments Post'.
            •  · 25 friends