Procrastination

This made me chuckle.

https://youtu.be/arj7oStGLkU

Are you a serial procrastinator? If so, how do you overcome it? How do you motivate yourself and get those creative juices flowing? Do you wollow in self loathing or accept it?

0 0 0 0 0 0
Replies (22)
    • 'Wollower' here! 😉 😂 

Although I do sometimes bribe myself with coffee and/or chocolate. '100 words and you can have one!' I say to myself, sighing heavily and resentful of my own cruelty to dumb writers. And suddenly I'm 500 words in and in the zone... at least until the next distraction.

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Oh yes. Chocolate. It's my biggest nemesis. I love it. I mean really love it, but it makes me fall asleep for some reason, so I have to make sure I have it as a treat after writing, like yourself, rather than as a snack before

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • I've tried to be professional about my crastination, but no one will pay me for it. Or maybe it's just that I don't get off my arse to make my case. Anyway, back to doing something else…

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • You have my permission to do whatever you like. Just do not tap those keys.

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • Loved this! I also love a deadline!

0 0 0 0 0 0
          • That wonderful sound they make as they go zipping past…?

0 0 0 0 0 0
          • Yeah, my stuff would float away without a deadline.

0 0 0 0 0 0
            • My epitaph will read “I was going to procrastinate but I didn’t get around to it”. The problem is my writing is procrastination from doing other things and doing other things is procrastination from writing so I tend to go round in circles being not terribly productive and drinking lots of tea whilst I decide what to do next.😂

0 0 0 0 0 0
              • nope cancer scuttling round in circles

0 0 0 0 0 0
                • Another Pisces here. 🐟 🐡 😁 

0 0 0 0 0 0
                  • I like to tell myself that procrastination is part of the creative process and allows my sub-conscious to think of creative ideas. I am deluding myself. (Aries - but on the cusp of Pisces. Any drive gets watered down.)

0 0 0 0 0 0
                  • Thanks for another excuse to postpone getting on with the damn book ;-) 

I'm an expert procrastinator, especially of that type where there's no deadline. Death would just be another good excuse to get out of doing whatever it was I should have done already so those boxes at the end don't scare me ;-)

I'm a Scorpio. Hmm, maybe there's a water connection going on?

0 0 0 0 0 0
                    • The least I can do for you, Sarita. Drop me a shout any time you can't be bothered to write.

I'm Aquarius, so water bearer, whatever that means. Apparantly, your Scorpiones has links to your journey to the underworld, ironically. And the symbolic transformation after facing inner demons into a spiritual being, devoid of fear and worldly worries. So your statement rings true.
                      Google just told me that.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                      • Sounds illuminating. Looking forward to the spiritual being part.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                        • I believe it's air

0 0 0 0 0 0
                          • So it is… Shows how much I care.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                          • Thank goodness it's not just me! How can I love writing so much but be so rubbish at getting big chunks of it done? Deadlines, now they're brilliant for focusing my attention. If only I had an editor/agent/publisher standing over me, tapping their watch, demanding I get this damn' draft finished...

0 0 0 0 0 0
                            • Agreed. That's why I like competitions. Gives me some kind of drive.

0 0 0 0 0 0
                              • Absolutely! Love a comp and a fixed deadline. Suddenly, I'm able to write for hours without checking in here... 😂

0 0 0 0 0 0
                              Not logged in users can't 'Comments Post'.
                              •  · 32 friends