It's coffee and wine for me, please ))

Oh well, and a cake too 😁 

Hi all! / Bonjour! / Privet!

2020 was... an amazing year for me personally! First lockdown in France kicked me into the deep reflection mood. And I finally managed to silence a self-doubt monster. We were waltzing around for 15 years, my longest relationship. Anyways, I decided to get serious about writing and to aim at getting published.

I write female-driven stories. Literary fiction and noir are my genres. Stereotyping and stigmatising are themes I love to explore and play around with. At the moment, I'm digging deep into the "childless egoist" label society plasters on women. 

Currently in the pipeline: I finished a short story which I'm adapting into an animated short film script. Short screenplay is in the works along with a podcast script. An outline for a noir novel is here too. 

Seems like a lot, but 1) I can't focus on one thing (impossible, I tried everything) and 2) I wasted to much time already!

Happy to be here! Looking forward to everything ))   

0 0 0 0 0 0
Replies (8)
  • I’m pleased to meet you Victoria. I am very impressed at all you’ve got done. I too find it impossible to focus on one thing but it doesn’t mean I get lots of things done, only started or dreamed about! Perhaps I should try your trick and have coffee with my wine! Welcome to the Townhouse. We’re all a little nuts but lovely.😀

0 0 0 0 0 0
    • I'm pleased to meet you too, Kate! Well, dreaming is also a huuuuuuuge part of my routine 😁 I'm looking around the Townhouse and I love what I'm seeing! 

0 0 0 0 0 0
    • Welcome Victoria! Coffee and wine for me would be like getting on the up and down escalator at the same time.

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Thank you! Haha, well coffee doesn't have an energising effect on me, so I devour 5 cups/daily. Perhaps, it's my Armenian part: I guess we all got coffee infusion at our birth. 

Now, wine is the other story 😁 

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Hi Victoria

Your work on the "childless egoist" label sounds very interesting, look forward to reading more about it on here!

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • Hi Alison, 

Thank you! The topic of stereotyping is very interesting for me, I love exploring it through my own experiences and stories I heard from my friends.  

0 0 0 0 0 0
          • Bonjour! (That's about the extent of my French, apologies if I mis-advertised myself)

Welcome to the Townhouse! I'm relatively new too, and started with the coffee and cake. I progressed to wine in the evening, though.

This is a brilliantly diverse and wonderful place to visit. Everyone here is very helpful and knowledgeable. I look forward to hearing more about your projects, they sound extremely interesting.

Good luck,

Rachel

0 0 0 0 0 0
            • Hi Rachel!

Yes, I'm already enjoying the atmosphere of the Townhouse! Looking forward to finding more and connect with writers. 

Good luck with your projects too! 

PS: wine in the evening, yeah! 

0 0 0 0 0 0
            Not logged in users can't 'Comments Post'.
            •  · 7 friends