comp title needed

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking for a comp title for my WIP. I wanted to use The Time Traveler's Wife by Audry Niffenegger for its romance against extraordinary odds (which will be a direct comparison with my WIP), but I've realised that the book is already seventeen years old! Not quite sure where the time went.

I'd like something similar with a romance against the odds theme plus a speculative element, ideally published in the last five years. 

Anyone any ideas?

(My other comp title is more recent -- Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo, 2019. So I wonder if using The Time Traveler's Wife would be okay in this case? Although I'd prefer something newer.)

0 0 0 0 0 0
Replies (9)
  • I think it may be too old but I may have the perfect novel although of course I do not know your book.  It is a wonderful love story with a speculative theme. I adored it. 

Not out until 25 Mar. 2021 so a very new comp title. 

Keith Stuart The frequency of us.

n Second World War Bath, young, naive wireless engineer Will meets Austrian refugee Elsa Klein: she is sophisticated, witty and worldly, and at last his life seems to make sense . . . until, soon after, the newly married couple's home is bombed, and Will awakes from the wreckage to find himself alone.

No one has heard of Elsa Klein. They say he was never married.

Seventy years later, social worker Laura is battling her way out of depression and off medication. Her new case is a strange, isolated old man whose house hasn't changed since the war. A man who insists his wife vanished many, many years before. Everyone thinks he's suffering dementia. But Laura begins to suspect otherwise . . .

0 0 0 0 0 0
    • Ooh, sounds good

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Ooh thanks, it does look like a good comp title, especially as my love interest is missing, presumed dead to all the world by my protagonist -- so there's a similar thread. Very many thanks :)

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • The Invisible Life of Addie La Rue by VE Schwab is on my tbr list and is itself using The Time Travellers Wife as a comp title ( and Life After Life by Kate Atkinson). Published this year.

Link here https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B084Q5D8HS/ref=tmm_kin_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=&sr=

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • I loved that book but I wouldn't say it was a romance.

0 0 0 0 0 0
          • Shame for Iren's purpose. Looking forward to reading it, though

0 0 0 0 0 0
            • This looks really good, just my type of read, and it may  do for a comp, so very many thanks :)

0 0 0 0 0 0
            • She might be able to use it for tone though or theme

0 0 0 0 0 0
              • I'm getting some great reading recommendations out of this thread!

0 0 0 0 0 0
                Not logged in users can't 'Comments Post'.
                •  · 25 friends