Beta reader swapping

Hi all, I'm looking for some fellow writers with finished novels to swap for reading and critiquing for further editing.

I'm open to all genres. My novel is dark comedy with feminist themes. However, I read really widely from literary fiction to science fiction and fantasy so open to anyone who needs or wants to swap, read, and feedback.

Hopeful anticipation and preemptive thanks!

0 0 0 0 0 0
Replies (10)
  • Hi Amy, I'm not able to swap at this time as I'm committed to others. But just a thought - maybe you could share an extract of your writing to give prospective critique partners and idea of your work? 

Good luck with your search

0 0 0 0 0 0
    • Hi Lynn thanks for the suggestion but I'd rather not post an extract publicly right now. If prospective readers want to know more I'll liaise with them directly. Thanks though

0 0 0 0 0 0
    • Hey Amy, I'm not free rn, but would you still be willing to do an exchange in April? If no, it's okay! I wish you nothing but the best.

PS: the genre of my novel is YA sci-fi.

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Hi Sibo,  yes I'll happily exchange in April. Even if I find other people and/or finish editing in the meantime I will read yours.

Amy

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Amy, I would potentially be interested in a swap. I have a completed comedy novel which I would like someone to cast an eye over. I would need to do this in quarters however as I sometimes get very busy with work (and sometimes have a lot of free time) so flexibility would be appreciated. 

Jo

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • Great thanks-let me see how I'm set up work wise by the end of this week when I should know more. I should also say that if I don't feel I can contribute any useful comments, I will say so at the beginning and I won't be offended if you don't feel enthusiastic about my work either. There are very few genres I don't read but for some reason I don't 'get' some sci-fi/fantasy/erotic fiction and have found it's best not to go there. 

0 0 0 0 0 0
          • Hi Jo no problem at all that sounds great! I'll look forward to hearing from you. Thanks!

0 0 0 0 0 0
          • I'm two to three months away, but would be willing then -- woman's spec fiction.

0 0 0 0 0 0
            • I'm two to three months away, but would be willing then -- woman's spec fiction.

0 0 0 0 0 0
              • Hi Iren that would be amazing thank you. Sounds great

0 0 0 0 0 0
              Not logged in users can't 'Comments Post'.
              •  · 1 friends