Lynn Love

Bristol based writer of speculative fiction and women's fiction with professional short story and serial credits. Hoping for a traditional publishing contract. One Urban Fantasy out to agents and currently writing a supernatural mystery set in the early 1970s. Read my flash fiction at https://lynnmlovewords.wordpress.com/  

Relationships
Empty
Lynn Love Discussions
  •  · 
Hi all.Delighted to announce that as from today I'm a client of the amazing literary agent Susan Arm…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · Hi Lynn! I too have been absent from Townhouse. I'm doing some writing and (finally) some traveling-…
  •  · 
Hi all. This is for literary writers based in the UK. In the words taken from the website -'We would…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · Oooh thanks for the heads up. I may have to give it a go. I've got myriad short stories I've done bu…
  •  · 
Hi all,Thought people might find this interesting, especially anyone thinking of self publishing. An…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · Thanks Lynn, I will do.
  •  · 
Just wanted to wish all here a very Happy New Year.2020 has been a pain in the backside for most of …
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · Brilliant stuff! 
  •  · 
Hello all.I've just had a short story published in an anthology inspired by Dante's Inferno. My stor…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · 😇
  •  · 
A few months back I was invited to submit a short story to an anthology on the theme of Dante's Infe…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · Great stuff, Lynn 😀Really interesting interview, and well done for the latest publishing achievement…

Huge congratulations, Janet. So nice to see the covers in their full glory - beautiful choices in the end. And your interview is fascinating - so many layers in your books and your research. Fabulous, well done. 

Fantastic!!! Congratulations, Jane! If I can help spread the word online key me know😊

As for agents being able to take clients with them - that, I suspect is a choice for all parties and would depend on a lot of factors. If the client wants to go with the agent and the agent still wants to rep them, then there'll be notice to be given, stipulated in the author's contract. If the author wants to stay with the agency instead, then a conversation would be had as to whether any of the remaining agents will take them on, if the agency still wants to rep them - that might be down to sales etc. A knotty one. And I think the autonomy depends on the agent and the agency - a junior agent may well have to pass a new client before their seniors, whereas  a partner maybe wouldn't. As L says, the agent only gets commission on sales they found - the agent gets nothing on any writing work the author gets independently 

That's brilliant feedback, Glyn, thank you. Yes, you make a good point about the colour scheme and other genres - perhaps I should emphasise my other writing (mainly having been published many time in Women's Magazines - not creepy at all!) And I'll take a look at the appearance of the Dark is Rising. Brilliant help, thank you 

Thank you so much for taking a look, Georgina. I'm not very techy and there were some irritable moments, I can tell you! So glad you think it's creepy - I'm always aiming for creepy :)

They're just lovely. And I love the mix of things on your site - the poetry, the short stories, the biographical elements about your flying. You give a real sense of yourself there

Aw, you've made it easy - right from that first read I just knew how brilliant the book was xxx

If I could have put more than one heart on here, you know I would! Such a beautiful cover and a book that deserves to fly. Already pre ordered!!! 

Hi Mark. I really like your home page - those covers are very striking and the page as a whole is clean and easy to read. If I have a tiny niggle it's that you could cut 'This website is to promote my books...' line, because that's implicit. The fact you've included lots of background info about the setting of your books is terrific - really feels like I'm getting something for free and gives a solid grounding to read on. Great

Must say, I love your book covers, Georgina! They're really eye-catching and make a lovely splash of colour for your home page. 

Really eye catching, easy links to books - very important! The design works well for the target market, I think - grabs you by the throat!

Info
Full Name:
Lynn Love
Friends count:
Followers count:
Membership
Standard