Lynn Love

Bristol based writer of speculative fiction and women's fiction with professional short story and serial credits. Hoping for a traditional publishing contract. One Urban Fantasy out to agents and currently writing a supernatural mystery set in the early 1970s. Read my flash fiction at https://lynnmlovewords.wordpress.com/  

Relationships
Empty
Lynn Love Discussions
  •  · 
Hi all.Delighted to announce that as from today I'm a client of the amazing literary agent Susan Arm…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · Hi Lynn! I too have been absent from Townhouse. I'm doing some writing and (finally) some traveling-…
  •  · 
Hi all. This is for literary writers based in the UK. In the words taken from the website -'We would…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · Oooh thanks for the heads up. I may have to give it a go. I've got myriad short stories I've done bu…
  •  · 
Hi all,Thought people might find this interesting, especially anyone thinking of self publishing. An…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · Thanks Lynn, I will do.
  •  · 
Just wanted to wish all here a very Happy New Year.2020 has been a pain in the backside for most of …
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · Brilliant stuff! 
  •  · 
Hello all.I've just had a short story published in an anthology inspired by Dante's Inferno. My stor…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · 😇
  •  · 
A few months back I was invited to submit a short story to an anthology on the theme of Dante's Infe…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · Great stuff, Lynn 😀Really interesting interview, and well done for the latest publishing achievement…

Yes! Fab reason, Jon. Makes it sound like we all have God complexes, though🤣

Reposted Lynn Love's forum.

Hi all.

Delighted to announce that as from today I'm a client of the amazing literary agent Susan Armstrong at C&W.

It's taken thirteen years of writing, five books with two on submission, but I've finally jumped a big hurdle and I couldn't have found a better person to work with.

A lot of editing to do and no guarantee of publication, of course. But I feel like I'm finally on my way.

Thanks to all here on Townhouse for your amazing feedback and guidance and to the wonderful friends I've made here, especially Caron McKinlay who's my rock. 

And to anyone considering taking the JW Self-edit course... Do! Debi and Emma are fantastic, my group of writers is the best and the course made a huge difference to my novel. 

All the best xxx

Emma is one of the self edit tutors and her blog is just an extraordinary resource for every writing technique you can imagine! Glad it was helpful

Hi Belinda. I did the JW self edit course during the summer and we touched on this very subject. I'll direct you to the fabulous Emma Darwin's blog where she discusses just this subject. You can switch between scenes or use a technique called psychic distance to sort of zoom in and out of your characters pov. It helps to make a mid scene change smoother using this technique. She explains it much better than I can though🙂

https://emmadarwin.typepad.com/thisitchofwriting/2014/11/ten-ways-to-move-point-of-view-and-dont-let-the-self-appointed-experts-tell-you-otherwise.html

I saw you were connecting with pitmad people on Twitter. I'm not taking part but when I'm online tomorrow I'll look out for your pitches, Karenza. Good luck🤞

Brilliant! So pleased for you after all your hard work rubber m Robert. Well done

Added a comment to Hello! 

Will do. Thanks for the recommendation☺️

Added a comment to one to one 

This is fantastic news Debbie! Having a positive 121 really gives you a boost, especially when they ask to see more. Really pleased for you.

I have to say I've heard the same about low self pub sales. It may be a narrow minded attitude, it may be outdated, but sadly it certainly seems at least some agents have this attitude.

Great stuff

I have heard others say that low self pub sales can put agents off. And you're right, a lot is reliant on marketing but there still might be a shadow in the back of their minds about you. Doesn't mean they're right, of course

Added a comment to Hello! 

Hi Gen, another ghost story writer here! Love Hill House and Evelyn Hardcastle. I really must read Mexican Gothic - it's made a huge splash this year. 

Brilliant, Debbie! Details please ☺️

Info
Full Name:
Lynn Love
Friends count:
Followers count:
Membership
Standard