Lynn Love

Bristol based writer of speculative fiction and women's fiction with professional short story and serial credits. Hoping for a traditional publishing contract. One Urban Fantasy out to agents and currently writing a supernatural mystery set in the early 1970s. Read my flash fiction at https://lynnmlovewords.wordpress.com/  

Relationships
Empty
Lynn Love Discussions
  •  · 
Hi all. This is for literary writers based in the UK. In the words taken from the website -'We would…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · Oooh thanks for the heads up. I may have to give it a go. I've got myriad short stories I've done bu…
  •  · 
Hi all,Thought people might find this interesting, especially anyone thinking of self publishing. An…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · Thanks Lynn, I will do.
  •  · 
Just wanted to wish all here a very Happy New Year.2020 has been a pain in the backside for most of …
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · Brilliant stuff! 
  •  · 
Hello all.I've just had a short story published in an anthology inspired by Dante's Inferno. My stor…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · 😇
  •  · 
A few months back I was invited to submit a short story to an anthology on the theme of Dante's Infe…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · Great stuff, Lynn 😀Really interesting interview, and well done for the latest publishing achievement…
  •  · 
Hi everyone.Many of you REALLY helped a few weeks ago when I asked for feedback on submission chapte…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · Thank you so much 😄

Hi Rebecca. 

I think that very much depends. You need to make a judgement call ( or get a reliable reader to do it for you) on whether you've really overwritten or if there's enough plot to sustain two books.

Take an honest appraisal of your book. Is there a lot of unnecessary description that goes on for pages? Are there pages of back story that could be woven into the text or cut entirely? These may be indicators you could cut - a lot.

Or you may have a driving, exciting, suspenseful story that just needs to be two.

If it's the latter, though, you may need to restructure to make them work as a duology.

Good luck with it 🙂

Welcome Jane. Love the sound of your novel and good luck with subbing ☺️

Definitely the first one for me. Intrigue and interest and a hint of humour, which sounds like your ms. And the last one definitely sounds sexual ☺️

Thanks for asking, Julie. It was totally crazy! Never made so many bouquets in my life😂. That's it now, though, done the 'big three' floristry events for this season - Christmas, valentine's and M day.  Now just looking forward to spring

That's great advice, Iren. Thanks very much

I do get what Glyn means, but I did get Heather's meaning. Perhaps a slight rewording to clarify?

This starts off as John Grisham and turns into The Prisoner! Really intriguing, Laura

That's a risky plan of hers - those states are sky high!

Info
Full Name:
Lynn Love
Friends count:
Followers count:
Membership
Standard